Spell Checker

Rustynail

I just posted this to the general area, and then found a dedicated website area. Sorrry for the other post.

My wishlist for geocaching.com is that it had a spell checker for postings. Judging from many postings I have read, it would certanly improve things. I have used a spell checker from Chado for other Active Server Pages applications I manage, and it works well. I have no connection with Chado, but I am pleased with their product (and I think it costs $525 one time - not per year - for a site license!) If Groundspeak can find a compatible spell checker (Chado or otherwise), I am certain it would be will used.

Is there one for Firefox? What about Netscape?

That's my problem - iespell is only useful for Internet Explorer (imagine that). Since I use a different browser (gasp!) that actually offers me some of the little extras I look for, iespell is useless to me.

What about a web-based spell-checker? Anyone know of any?

TINYSpell might work for 'ya. It is not as slick as iSpell, but it does work.

tinySpell was developed by KEDMI Scientific Computing who is also the developer of Numerit – an intuitive programming environment for developing numerical computation programs and producing publication-quality technical documents. You can visit Numerit’s web-site by selecting the item http://www.numerit.com. This is also the web-site for downloading tinySpell and its updates.

Edited by *gln
TINYSpell might work for 'ya. It is not as slick as iSpell, but it does work.

tinySpell was developed by KEDMI Scientific Computing who is also the developer of Numerit – an intuitive programming environment for developing numerical computation programs and producing publication-quality technical documents. You can visit Numerit’s web-site by selecting the item http://www.numerit.com. This is also the web-site for downloading tinySpell and its updates.

I couldnt find that on the Numerit page, but a quick google search found it over here.

Looks interesting. I use IEspell now, but since I use multiple browsers, this may be a better solution. Thanks!

I couldn't find that on the Numerit page, but a quick google search found it over here.

Looks interesting. I use IEspell now, but since I use multiple browsers, this may be a better solution. Thanks!

I use i spell also. The tinySpell link is at the bottom of the nav panel on the left side of their main page.

gln

glad to be of assistance

Hi,

I could have sworn I posted on this yesterday, but... <_<

People tend to type quickly when they are posting to the forums because they wish to post their message in a hurry...this does not lend itself to spell-checking.

The cache listings seem to have better spelling, so it seems to be a choice to not pay as much attention to the spelling in the forums...there are numerous fixes for individuals (browser spell-checkers, typing the post in a WP program and then pasting it into the forum, slowing down, editing the post after noticing an error, etc.)

nfa