Adjunct Silliness - Its Own Forum?

Most of the folks who frequent AS also post to other parts of the forum. Belive it or not very insightfully at times. If I understand you right you want this group moved for your individual convience?  Does that sum it up?

I'm asking if there's value in moving a single thread that is different then every other thread, to a location that would be more convenient for the folks that don't participate in it.

I think I said the same thing as you without making it personal.

As for other threads... I only go into forums that I'm interested in and have updated threads. With the moving of this thread out of the Geocaching Topics forum, the actions taken in the forums wouldn't be altered.

But I still haven't seen a compelling argument. I'm trying to keep an open mind here, convince me. How many other members this as a problem?

Just a though. If the moderators had wanted to move the AS thread dont you thing we would have done so already?

Maybe it is now time? Maybe the site is growing/maturing and there should be an OT forum for those types of discussion?

Of course I can't imagine now after all the immature replies in this thread, that anyone with the slightest bit of "forum phobia" will post, but maybe there are others willing to respond.

Why not see what happens over the next day or so (and when people that aren't online from work get on and might want to contribute) and we'll go from there. Expecting a bunch of people to possibly agree with me in the middle of a work day amid the nonsensical replies isn't very realistic.

Just a though. If the moderators had wanted to move the AS thread dont you thing we would have done so already?

Maybe it is now time? Maybe the site is growing/maturing and there should be an OT forum for those types of discussion?

Of course I can't imagine now after all the immature replies in this thread, that anyone with the slightest bit of "forum phobia" will post, but maybe there are others willing to respond.

Why not see what happens over the next day or so (and when people that aren't online from work get on and might want to contribute) and we'll go from there. Expecting a bunch of people to possibly agree with me in the middle of a work day amid the nonsensical replies isn't very realistic.

While I can appreciate your point, I think it is better for the forum's overall health to maintain the status quo. If a serparate forum is created for OT, than it will become bloated and unmanagable very quickly. At least with confining AS to one topic in an existing forum, the amount of OT is limited to one thread where anyone who wants to can pop in, have a chuckle, toss around some friendly abuse or just totally ignore.

Expecting a bunch of people to possibly agree with me in the middle of a work day ...

Then perhaps you picked a poor time to start the topic?

Team DEMP  Posted: May 20 2004, 08:28 AM

...amid the nonsensical replies isn't very realistic.

I think the initial reaction was that this topic was a joke. We are very serious now.

While I can appreciate your point, I think it is better for the forum's overall health to maintain the status quo. If a serparate forum is created for OT, than it will become bloated and unmanagable very quickly. At least with confining AS to one topic in an existing forum, the amount of OT is limited to one thread where anyone who wants to can pop in, have a chuckle, toss around some friendly abuse or just totally ignore.

Well said.

really serious reply coming up in 3...2....1....

OK maybe I'm missing the point the OP is trying to make; but isn't that what the little blue button with the down arrow is for?

Yes, you have to go beyond the main index but does anyone in here read/post in more that two or three forums (well except Sparky :grin: )?

Sorry I just couldn't stay completely serious. :mad:

Wow... maybe I should have my 10 yr old come in and she can tell some of you what appropriate behavior is.

I think the responses in this thread is a great example why either that thread shouldn't exist, or at the very least, reside in its own forum.

You're one to talk about appropriate responses after the comment you made about sex with people's spouses.... :grin:

You're one to talk about appropriate responses after the comment you made about sex with people's spouses.... :grin:

Well why don't you quote the reply. It wasn't about "sex" with your spouse now, and it wasn't directed specifically at you. But you go think whatever you want there Sparky and continue to crap in yet another thread!

Well why don't you quote the reply. It wasn't about "sex" with your spouse now, and it wasn't directed specifically at you. But you go think whatever you want there Sparky and continue to crap in yet another thread!

Thanks, I will (crap in another thread, that is). I don't think reposting the reply is necessary, and I don't think you have the right to tell me what is offensive to me and what isn't. A real man would admit that it was possibly offensive and apologize for it. I haven't seen that yet, all I've seen is you standing behind your comment despite how others may feel about it. :mad:

Since the replies in this thread have been so off topic as to make the discussion of no value to others that might want to participate, I'll close it down.

The replies in this thread are embarassing to the entire geocaching community, and I sure hope that no potential geocachers stumble upon it and are turned off to geocaching or posting in the forums and concerned that their comments would be treated in the same manner.