2 Pqs Have Become Useless

Man In The Wild

Help!

I tried getting some caches outside of the US through a PQ recently. Now I can't use two of my PQs any more!

Both of these seem stuck on the Country option. If I select the state radio button and select a state or states, it switches back to country after I submit the PQ. It may not change back until after I try running the PQ to see what shows up. No matter how I set these PQs, they come up unable to find any caches--even with a country selected.

I'd rather not delete these PQs--I like to keep my old numbers as long as I can (I did lose two or three low numbered PQs that way in the past. :) )

Thanks for any help!

I had the same problem trying to get all the locationless caches in a PQ. I did one with all countries selected, then tried to edit it to all states. Everytime I saved it, it changed itself back to all countries. I had to delete the PQ and start over.

(BTW...all locationless caches are returned with an all states PQ...there is no need to run one for all countries)

Edited by Stunod

I had a similar problem yesterday.

I had a PQ that was originally created for a state. I wanted to change it to use my home coordinates. It appeared to change, but when I went back it was still Oklahoma.

I ended up deleting my PQ since I wasn't trying to preserve a low number...

Jeremy (or someone else that might know,)

Any idea what causes this trouble? Maybe there's something I can do to keep this from happening in the future.

The two PQs that are having trouble for me have Bad PQ in the name. I'm going to run them tomorrow (Friday) to see if I can find out what PQ numbers they are. I'm hoping if I run them without viewing them on the site might get them to work. Not that I think this is likely...

If they still have trouble and I find out the PQ #s, I'll post them here.

I'm sure I'll end up deleting these as well.

So... should I just delete them or should I keep them in case they can help find out what causes this trouble?

I ran both queries today to see what would happen. Both sent me an email with their name saying they returned no caches. The emails didn't include the PQ number.

I don't think you need to need to save them for debugging purposes, since the error is easily reproduced.

JEREMY:

Make a PQ with the "within" option...pick a state. Save it. Now try to go back and try to change it to an "origin" option (like a ZIP code.) Save it. Although the screen will appear to have changed correctly, running the PQ won't return anything (at least if the ZIP code is far from the state.) Also, when going to the list and returning to this PQ, the change is not really saved.

[/JEREMY]

You could save them if you aren't near your 20 limit, since if Jeremy ever sees this thread I think he can fix this pretty easily.