Caching Companions

I thought it would be nice and friendly like to try to find out just who or what travels with you on your caching expeditions.

Our companions are one or more of our Lancashire Heelers (yep) we are mad we have four of them Dotty aged 9 (10 in August), Mr. Bean aged 8, Emma aged 6 and last but not least little Meggy who is 3 (4 in September). Meggy was brain damaged at birth and she cannot walk far and when we do take her she barks at anyone she sees (muggles or anything that moves are not allowed near us at all according to Meg) she does make a good Muggle Alarm, but it is not easy trying to hide in trees or bushes quietly while muggles pass by as Meggy tells all and sundry that we are there, which obviously raises suspicion as to why two people and a quartet of black and tan dogs are hiding in the bushes with a mobile phone!!!!!!, we can only guess at the things that muggles think when they see this sight.

Joan

:)

157606_200.jpg

Edited by Cave Troll & Joan

Hi

I am always accompanied by a Black Labrador. I can't say "our" dog because we're looking after her for army friends who have been posted abroad and can't take her with them, so we agreed to look after her for them.

We had a black Lab of our own who used to come caching with us but he died just before Christmas at the ripe old age of 13.

Sometimes, hubby comes with me, if it's a weekend and he's not working. It's so much easier having someone else to do the navigating! If it's a virtual cache which requires a photo, it's always hubby who is in the photograph and me taking the pic. I even made him taste the spa water in Harrogate - his constitution is better than mine and besides, I take a better photo!

I have, occasionally, been accompanied by a dog-walking friend who isn't into caching but enjoys the walks.

Jake always takes me caching. I only got involved because he likes long walks and I wanted new ideas where to go. So thanks to Jake :):D

b353a562-c7eb-42c5-a6e0-fdde18b013a1.jpg

He Is a 2 year old Parsons Jack Russell (or so I have been told). we thought he was a Russell cross, because he is tall (about 16") He will walk for ever up hill and down dale B)B)

Edited by Deego

:) I always take Sue with me....

...except when I am away for work - up to North Yorkshire next week so might get time to dig out a few around Bedale.

Funnily, we had a Jack Russel named "Jake" in the 80s. No more pets for us I am afraid, having only just managed to push the kids out of the house after they finished (successfully) at university, we are enjoying the freedom too much. No mutts or other commitments to be taken on for a long, long time.

up to North Yorkshire next week so might get time to dig out a few around Bedale

Not a million miles away from me!

I recommend The Blue Lion at East Witton for fine beer and good food. A bit nearer to Bedale is the Wyvill Arms (http://www.wyvill-arms.co.uk/) which also does excellent food (http://www.thebluelion.co.uk/).

(I hope TPTB aren't going to blemish my up-'til-now blemish-free record and give me a 10% warning for advertising!) :):D

If you're wanting to do any caches then I recommend the Harrogate Hobble and the Ripon Ramble, both multis by The Harrogate Hunters.

Unbelievable!

I am in the Royal Air Force. See here:

54 (F) Sqn

When you see the Sqn badge you will understand why our Sqn refreshment facility is named "The Blue Lion".

I am travelling up to Bedale with a team to do some work locally (no prizes for guessing where). I will, in the course of my duties, feel honour bound to lead my troops on a visit the refreshment facility you have recommended.

Cheers!...

When you see the Sqn badge you will understand why our Sqn refreshment facility is named "The Blue Lion".

How appropriate!

I hope you enjoy your time in N Yorks as much as we do living here.

A word of warning... :D ... the Blue Lion is a favourite haunt of army officers (some from my husband's regiment) so I hope they behave themselves and welcome you with their infamous hospitality!!!

B):):DB)B)

It is really lovely to see all your wonderful caching companions, and lovely to hear about the two legged ones as well.

Keep the photo's coming I am sure all the four legged cachers are enjoying seeing who they might bump into one day. I don't know about you but I tend to remember a doggy face more than a human one, but then that may come from living with four of the little darlings!!!!!! who are all sunbathing in our back yard at this present time.

Joan

:lol::D:huh::D:D