Forestry Shepherds Cache Event

After discussions with Lactodorum, the Coed y Myndd forestry district, of Comisiwn Coedwigaeth Cymru (Forestry Commission Wales) gave permission for Geocaches to be placed on land managed by them, subject to certain conditions. Part of their remit is to actively promote suitable recreational activities in their area. To this aim they have decided to place two temporary caches out, to introduce Geocaching to a wider range of visitors to the forests. These caches will be linked to a Tent Show being held in Betws y Coed, by Cotswold Outdoors on May the 29th, 30th, 31st.

To help with this the staff of the Gwydr Uchaf office who are organising these caches, are looking for members of the Geocaching community to attend the show and discus Geocaching to the visitors to the show, and who are also prepared to shepherd them to the two introduction caches. Forestry Shepherds has been created to allow any member of the Geocaching community who attend to claim a find.

To incurage cachers to visit the show, two cachers who put in caches for approval in the area, have been asked to hold off activating their caches until the 29th of May have agreed. Both of them have both mine and the Forestry Commissions "Thanks" for agreeing to this!

Deppendant on how this event go's, the Coed y Myndd district might be interested in holding another Geocaching Event later on in the year, if it takes place it is my hope to get Area Managers and Recreation Rangers from other FC areas to attend. Oppening up other Forestry Commission Areas to Geocaching.

Dave

Great effort Dave!

I would have been delighted to assist, however I am heading north for the Aviemore meet that weekend. Accommodation, visit to relations, etc, already arranged! I'm actually in Wales this weekend (Round Britain Motorcycle Rally) and the following weekend (Welsh National Motorcycle Rally) and, as I'm sure you know, you can get too much of a good thing!

Bear me in mind for the future and I'll do my best to schedule in some assistance in support of promoting Geocaching in Wales.

Rgds Paul

Sorry we are going to miss you Paul. but never fear I intend taking you up on that offer. I'm just in the procces of locating a place to hold a Buffet after a CITO Event in July, somewere sutable for kids but with a "Bar" for the tasting experts :D (sorry Seasider doesn't look like there going to be any real ale). Hope you've got your waterproofs ready :).

Dave :D

I'm just in the procces of locating a place to hold a Buffet after a CITO Event in July, somewere sutable for kids but with a "Bar" for the tasting experts ;) (sorry Seasider doesn't look like there going to be any real ale.

I'll lend you my copy of the Good Beer Guide to help you along! ;)

Cheers!

Seasider

ou kow you have my support, especially as one of the other caches going live is mine. Let me know when and where you want me

Andrew

Just turn up at a time and day sutable to you. Better still arive before the show opens and stay till it closes on all 3 days :D:D:D .

QUOTE (Eckington @ Apr 28 2004, 11:07 AM)

.......I believe there will also be at least 2 other caches in the area released to-night late or tomorrow morning early for cacher visitors to the event.

Eckington 

tonight???? The event isn't 'til the next Bank Holiday at the end of May!!!!

Ah poor Eckington, actualy set the GC Gremlims into action :D 1 of the caches was listed by them, Martin spotted it and Eckington sorted it out and put the Gremlims :D back in their box :D , without any harm to him I hope as they can nasty little b**gers :D .

Swamped in mail Dave

I had a meeting with Rhod & Kim from the FC today to sort out the locations for their introduction caches. We sorted out two multis, one round the sports field were the event is and one around Betws. Times for the event are Saturday & Sunday 9am-7pm, Monday 9am to around 5pm when the clear up will start.

Since I'll be there on all 3 days I should meet everyone who visits, it will be a pleasure to meet you all, hopefully the weather will be sunny like today.

See you there, and thanks for all the interest Dave.

What's the best day to come to the event?

Either day would be fine, monday is expected to finnish around 5 pm as the clear up will start about then.

I will be there on all 3 days with at least 1 of my troublesome teenagers :P, and am looking forward to meet everyone.

I would also like to wish everyone who is attending the Scotish cache bash, a good time and good caching.

A big thank you must go to justthejob and WildTrekker who both have held off activating caches for the event What Elsi is already listed but will not be active until satarday morning. I'm sure WildTrekker will bring a few cache sheets with him for those attending the event,who have had to leave early.

See you all in Betws y Coed Dave.

Had a great day today, thanks Mancunian Pyrocacher, great event and nice to meet other cachers

Wild Trekker

The Pleasure was all mine :(, as it is giving me a chance to meet all the wonderful people who attended today, with more to come over the next two days. Hopefully this will help to push geocaching with other FC areas.

Dave :D:D:D:D

Just a note for those that went to the event and visited the new cache "Miners Cross Here", it has now been set live and you can log your find

On a happy note, he managed to put out the correct container :D , but I have a feeling that if he checks what he took to Forestry Shepherds, he will find that a certain part has been left there. Not to worry I'll fetch it home with me tomorrow and arrange delivery :blink:, how about TB post, well send it all round Wales first :ph34r: .

Dave.

Congrats to Mancunian Pyrocacher for his great efforts in Wales! :):)

Hopefully, it will be the first of many joint events with the FC all across the area and maybe Northern England too! :)

You gave a great explanation of the game when I initially masqueraded as a muggle - even telling me a bit about a certain bloke who travels alot and has done more than a thousand caches!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should have let you guide me around the park before revealing who I was! :lol:

Nice to meet some new faces - House of Boo, G Force & Roche - hope we meet again some day! :)

Here's looking forward to your next Welsh event! :)

Cheers!

Seasider