First Cache A Ftf

Well, my first cache was Teddington Lock - 21st June 2003, and that was a FTF - though I didn't know the significance of that at the time! Actually, I didn't even have a GPSr (it had gone in for repair, just as I discovered Geocaching!)

But I suspect that it isn't very common.

Just this weekend, I went out after eight brand new, unfound caches. At least, their logs did not show them as found as I left the house yesterday and today.

I was FTF at just two of them. Four of the others had been found the day before - but not logged yet!

So, I'd think that rank beginner geocachers are only likely to be FTF on their first caches by pure fluke! I know I was...

Bob Aldridge

At first, I thought that, if you were the first to post the log on GC, you got the FTF

Now, I see that GCUK credits everyone posting a find on the first day with FTF.

Which will have inflated my stats this weekend! I went after 8 unfound caches, but was only FTF on two, but I guess I'll get credited with more than that on GCUK!

Bob Aldridge

Edited by Belplasca

"Do all new caches get listed on Thursday night? It seems that they only get listed after the notification goes out our last note was Thursday night at 11pm.

Trying to beat everyone to our FTF "

Does anyone know the answer to this newb question?

The Hokesters

Edited by The Hokesters
Do all new caches get listed on Thursday night?

I'm pretty sure they can come online at any time, as and when the approvers approve them.

I had 3 new caches appear on my screen one Tuesday afternoon, so I went out and did them all the following morning, getting 3 FTFs in one morning! :ph34r::o;)

It's a case of luck and being online at the right time.