Placing A Bug To Track Milage.

NCGrimbo

Hi all. I've decided to make my truck a TB and place it in and then take it out of the caches I go to. I'd like to do this to all the past caches I've found, but I'm not sure on the best way to do this. I'm worried that cache owners won't like me posting notes that say "Just posting a note so that I can track my milage". Any suggestions?

I did this and then deleted the note. You'll still have the drops recorded on your bug page without the comments. I then just put a . on the retrieval comments since that doesn't show on the cache page.

Just post a note stating what you are doing and that you will be deleting the note.

It's probably best to post it with the date you found the cache so your tracking makes more sense to you.

Edited by Elf Danach

What a great idea. I am going to do this too. I have a couple questions:

1. Will it appear in each cache's "Bug History"?

2. is it better to "drop it off" and then "pick it up" or just "drop it off" in each cache?

thank you!

mcon1

What a great idea.  I am going to do this too.  I have a couple questions:

1.  Will it appear in each cache's "Bug History"?

2.  is it better to "drop it off" and then "pick it up" or just "drop it off" in each cache?

thank you!

mcon1

2. You have to retreive or grab it in order to drop it into the next cache.

I just delete the retreival notes.

1. It does appear in the "bug history" of all the early caches I reconciled. Or, you can go back and edit your log and drop the bug in and take it out... in fact, maybe that's what I did.

Here is mine as an example.

Edited by Bull Moose
What a great idea. I am going to do this too. I have a couple questions:

1. Will it appear in each cache's "Bug History"?

2. is it better to "drop it off" and then "pick it up" or just "drop it off" in each cache?

thank you!

mcon1

Yes, your personal TB will be listed in the bug history of each cache its placed in.

After you drop it off, you have to pick it back up again. Otherwise, it wont be listed in TB inventory to be dropped into the next one.

Here's my personal TB

Thanks for all the info. One other thing I'm going to do is that I will be placing a cache in my yard for others to come get, but I will also use it as the starting cache of each "set" of caches I go to and the ending point for the same set. This will give me a more accurate tracking of milage. :D

Or, you can go back and edit your log and drop the bug in and take it out... in fact, maybe that's what I did.

I had heard that too, but I never saw the option to drop the bug when I was in edit mode.

Either I wasn't doing it right or it's no longer an option.

Elf, when you log your find, at the bottom ot the page, you can drop any tb's that you have. Select the one you are using as a milage tracker. Drop it in the cache you hit and log your find. Then go back to the cache page and pick it back up right away, yuo'll need the tb# from the tag to do this. Once it's back in your inventory, you are ready for the next drop and cache log. I started this at the beginning of this year, and it works well ! If you want to get crazy, you can go back in time and deposit it each cache you did, DNF or finds, it works both ways. :unsure: Sf1

Elf, when you log your find, at the bottom ot the page, you can drop any tb's that you have.

That's correct.

I was referring to editing a previous found entry. If I select [view/edit logs/images on a separate page] from a cache I found last year or last week, then select 'edit log' I can change the log type, date, comments, etc., but there is no option for dropping bugs.

I just went ahead and posted/deleted a note to get caught up.

Thanks

The Elf

Just got our 1st TB's and want to do this.

Basically post a note to place it and a note to pick it up, then delete the notes?

Also, what about archived, virtual, locationless, event and webcam caches? Would it work on them all the same way?

I guess the biggest problem may be locationless, does it go to the cache listing coords or to the coords where you actually found the particular cache?

Just got our 1st TB's and want to do this.

Basically post a note to place it and a note to pick it up, then delete the notes?

Also, what about archived, virtual, locationless, event and webcam caches? Would it work on them all the same way?

I guess the biggest problem may be locationless, does it go to the cache listing coords or to the coords where you actually found the particular cache?

Currently one cannot log TB's into Webcam or Locationless caches. The option simply does not exist on the menu.