Palm M130 Problems

I am really sorry if this is totally off topic, but everyone here is so helpful and knowlegeable! I just got an M130 from a friend. It will not turn on unless it is on the cradle, even then it has troubles. It does Hotsync with my Mac 10.3.3 fine. My question is, just I replace the battery or forget about it because it could be something more serious? I get the charging icon when on the cradle, but nothing at all when disconnected. I have done all 4 types of resets as per Palmsource's email. Nothing has worked.

Sorry again if this is off topic.

Thanks for any help at all.

You sure you didn't get it from ebay? One with exactly the same problem on there the other day :D

Probably the internal battery...... Or where it plugs into the cradle... check to make sure there is nothing stuck in there..... maybe making it think its in the cradle all the time.

Edited by Explicit Dank

Nope not from eBay. It was a freebie from a friend. I have ordered the battery for it, so we will see. Anyone know of a source for a Torx T5?

Another question related to the Palm. With Cachemate, it takes much much longer to load a cache database then it did with my IIIxe. Kinda strange.

Thanks for the help

Nope not from eBay. It was a freebie from a friend. I have ordered the battery for it, so we will see. Anyone know of a source for a Torx T5?

Another question related to the Palm. With Cachemate, it takes much much longer to load a cache database then it did with my IIIxe. Kinda strange.

Thanks for the help

If you bought from the link provided by the previous poster, you will get a T-5 with the battery. At least that's what their ad says.

I don't know why Cachemate would be any slower on the m130. It's a 33 mhz as opposed to a 16mhz. But as any Mac fan can tell you, mhz don't matter. :D:D If RAM on the m130 is more fragmented because of other programs, it might be slower to index the database. Or, the overhead of color makes the m130 work harder than the b/w IIIxe. I'm just thinking out loud, don't take any of that as gospel.

Went to Home Depot to pick up a T5. Only place around that has them by the way. Took the palm apart, THE BATTERY WAS LOOSE! Boy don't I feel dumb! Well I have a new battery on the way for a backup i suppose! Hope that is really all it was. I had a hunch in the begining it was something like that.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!