60cs And Waypoints

Very few programs support the USB waypoint transfer protocol. Mapsource is about the only one, I know Topografix was working on it. So just use EasyMPS or GPSBabel to convert your caches to .mps, feed them to Mapsource, and let it do the transfer.

Garmin guys, is there a FAQ that we can point these questions to so these 60 threads don't continue to dominate this board?

Well, at a minimum, we can point folks to existing threads on the topic:

Loading Waypoints thread

Unfortunately, because of the variety of software available, there's no clear "here's how you do it" option. I'd be happy to clean up the process I'm (currently) using to get data (maps and waypoints) into my 60CS, create a simple web page and post a link - but understand it's a moving target. The thread above has a couple of different options, depending on the software (and hardware) you have at your disposal.

hth,

B

I think for right now, the easiest way is to just invest in an $8.00 serial cable and do it the old fashioned way (serial port). I already had the cable because I had a III+ and it works just fine.

Brian

Easy if you have an extra 12 or so dollars (including shipping), don't mind waiting a few days for it to arrive and don't mind yet another cable to tangle around your computer :lol:

If you'd rather just download the waypoints and get 'em into the 60C now, ain't nuthin' easier than downloading EasyMPS and installing it. You could be out caching for free within 10 minutes :D

...Just my 2¢

Edited by Neo_Geo

I just got my 60cs delivered today, and I didn't have any trouble at all loading it up. I used GSAK to convert my PQ's into MPS files and downloaded them through the USB port. The best thing was loading tons of City Select maps and transferring them via USB in a fraction of the time that it used to take me to send a much smaller area of MetroGuide maps to my legend via the serial port. I was worried that it was going to be more difficult based on some of the discussions, but it was no problem.