Filtering Caches

TPUC

is there a way to pull up a list of caches from say my home and filter out everything but regular caches? No Micros or Virtuals. I normally don't hunt those cause no work goes into most of them. It's sad when you see some one who has 100 caches our and they are all Key Holders hid unser payphones.

My kids enjoy looking through stuff and hunting TBs that we come across in regular caches.

The easiest way is to become a premium member and use pocket queries for viewing filtered cache information and deciding which ones you'd like to hunt. You can order a PQ that excludes all caches where the container size is virtual or micro. Or, you could order a full set of 500 nearby caches, and then filter out the caches you don't want, by using third party software (Watcher, Cachemate, GSAK).

Keystone is right. As far as running the filters after you get your PQ, there are several members of the Middle Tennessee Geocachers Club who can help you with that. Our next meeting is in Murfreesboro on April 24th. A premium membership will also open up some of the better quality caches in the area. Usually, I make my better ones members only. I think I only have one micro that is a member's only cache. Personally, I just hunt them all, that is how I found your Machine Falls Cache, which is awesome btw. I have lived in the area most of my life and I had no idea that area was over there.

Edited by Monkeybrad

I have been to some QUALITY caches that a handicapped person could get to. I know folks can hide what they want and I don't have to hunt them, I just wish more thought went into them.

Edited by TPUC
is there a way to pull up a list of caches from say my home and filter out everything but regular caches? No Micros or Virtuals. I normally don't hunt those cause no work goes into most of them. It's sad when you see some one who has 100 caches our and they are all Key Holders hid unser payphones.

Thats Bogus, I have been to some QUALITY caches that a handicapped person could get to. I know folks can hide what they want and I don't have to hunt them, I just wish more thought went into them.

Some people do put a lot of thought into "hide-a-key" micros. I know I put a lot into all of the ones I've hidden. In fact, this micro took me two weeks to research and then hide.

Maybe a new catagory of cache could be set up. You know how spam has taken up space on your computer; it could be for those prolific cache hiders that flood an area with their cache.( Like no one else could find a downed log.)

Couldn't they be called "SPACHE" instead. Then we could have a filter for cache over a set number and they could be called spache, the find value could be .01 of a regular cache. This would still allow for those folks who 'Have to' hide and those who 'Have to' seek those, "Who's your daddy cache'".

Have any spache in your area?