Ohio Slow Cache Approvals

Parrot~Trekkers

Has anyone experienced slow cache approval in Ohio? I received a message from Keystone Approver and have sent several messages back. I have not heard a thing after several messages. I'm paying for a membership and expect a bit of consideration for it. B)

What kind of time frame are you talking about? How long have you waited for a reply? Did you send your waypoint with your e-mail so he knows which cache your talking about?

All of the caches that I have placed were approved within a few hours. If you recieved a message from Keystone there may be a problem or question that he is trying to resolve. Be patient.

And I am not real happy about the last line in your post. Being a paying member does not, and should not, give you special consideration when placing a cache.

You're right Richard. I've removed that line, it was poorly worded and sounded quite selfish. I think it should remain a free hobby also. I'm not trying to flame anyone. But I'm thinking the forum is a place to also post concerns though, not just "everything good". I've sent a few emails because Keystone wanted to reinstate my old cache, which is fine. It's been a week and there has been no response at all. Like you, I've always heard pretty much within' a day. Perhaps something is up with Keystone. Anyway, maybe geocaching has grown to the point of needing more approvers? Perhaps each state? Just ideas.

I'll try to throttle my impatience in this nice weather...

tpt

Edited by Team Parrot~Trekkers

The cache in question was hidden on 3/28. I reviewed it on 3/30 and posted a note asking why a new cache was hidden at the same place as a previous cache, which the owner accidentally burned while clearing brush in his yard. If essentailly the same cache is re-hidden, it should not have a new page.

The owner promptly answered me later in the day on 3/30 and then bugged me on 3/31 as to why the matter had not been resolved. (On that day is when my furnace broke, but that is neither here nor there.) Please bear in mind that, during the work week, my volunteer time is limited. I have been reviewing an average of 17 new cache submissions per day since the weather began improving. When trying to prioritize, I tend to place new caches without any issues higher up in line than caches with associated issues.

On Saturday I took the day off to go on a caching run. I returned today to the computer and saw your additional e-mails, as well as this forum post. I have since archived your new submission and unarchived your original cache so that you can edit it. I do regret the delay. Please try not to burn the replacement cache!

I reviewed it on 3/30 and posted a note asking why a new cache was hidden at the same place as a previous cache, which the owner accidentally burned while clearing brush in his yard.

Wow, another new way to get "flamed" has been discovered".

In honor of the old cache, the new cache should be called "Char Broiled" :)

We all get sidetracked at times - be nice to geocache all day everyday. A quick thank-you to Keystone Approver who approved my cache in just under 4 hours. Unfortunately, due to the RAIN we've had here the past 5 days, it hasn't been found yet...Maybe I should have titled the cache "Noah's Ark" instead... :D