It's Raining, It's Pouring...

I slept throught the Northridge quake (7.2) I wouldn't even feel a 3

Wow! That was a morning wake up call, en masse. You are a very deep sleeper. I used to sleep through them when I was a kid, but not anymore.

GPSKitty

Yeah. Biggest wake up call I can remember was the Sylmar Quake. That rolled for 30 seconds. Was like you were in a big vibrating bed.

If not for the death and destruction, I'd love to be in an open field and have a 8.0 earthquake hit. Just sit down and rock and roll!!! Earthquakes are fascinating. Give me those any day over any of that other stuff. I hate wind. I can't believe anyone would rather a hurricane over an earthquake.

I am so spoiled living in So Cal. When I hear about caching in the snow and rain and cold, I can't imagine it. 

If I lived where it snowed, I would hibernate for the winter. You sure as heck wouldn't see me out caching.  B)

GPSKitty

i've gone caching in snow like this. the stick is a yardstick.

b26ed122-6c24-4aee-8ee9-d0ce89778aae.jpg

That's not snow, that's a freaking bobsled run at the winter Olympics.

LOL. I didn't notice the similarity til you pointed it out. You are absolutely right. B)

GPSKitty

If not for the death and destruction, I'd love to be in an open field and have a 8.0 earthquake hit.  Just sit down and rock and roll!!!  Earthquakes are fascinating.  Give me those any day over any of that other stuff.  I hate wind.  I can't believe anyone would rather a hurricane over an earthquake.

My sister told me she read of an account of a severe earthquake (way back in history) in which people died from being knocked to the ground and beaten to death from the bouncing. Don't know how true it is.

GPSKitty

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's been sunny and warm all week here....I found three more caches today!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Three in one day!!!! You better slow down Sparky, At that rate you will double your finds by tommorow. ;)

Believe it or not, my record is 9 in one day, all in the "woods", no urban micro stop-n-grabs! I even found a few that you found out in eastern Kansas a couple weeks ago!

The day I found 9 was also the first time I cached in the rain and in the dark!! I kinda liked it, but just because the rain made the roads all muddy,and that was fun in my Geo-Jeep!!! B)

I slept throught the Northridge quake (7.2) I wouldn't even feel a 3

Wow! That was a morning wake up call, en masse. You are a very deep sleeper. I used to sleep through them when I was a kid, but not anymore.

GPSKitty

Yeah. Biggest wake up call I can remember was the Sylmar Quake. That rolled for 30 seconds. Was like you were in a big vibrating bed.

If not for the death and destruction, I'd love to be in an open field and have a 8.0 earthquake hit. Just sit down and rock and roll!!! Earthquakes are fascinating. Give me those any day over any of that other stuff. I hate wind. I can't believe anyone would rather a hurricane over an earthquake.

I got a buddy that was in the quake on the Loma Prieta fault back in the late 80's early 90's......he said he'd rather be in a quake than a tornado, because once it's all over, all your stuff is in a big pile right there on the ground, instead of being spread out over the next 4 counties! B)

I jinxed myself.. I emailed someone who found a cache near me and asked him if there was alot of mud and he said that it wasn't bad when he was there, but then there was all tha rain... I replied saying thank you. Hopefully I'll be okay, it hasn't rained here since before you did the cache. That night it rained, and then rained off and on from that point for about twenty hours. Now we have snow. All in the same week.

If not for the death and destruction, I'd love to be in an open field and have a 8.0 earthquake hit.  Just sit down and rock and roll!!!  Earthquakes are fascinating.  Give me those any day over any of that other stuff.  I hate wind.  I can't believe anyone would rather a hurricane over an earthquake.

My sister told me she read of an account of a severe earthquake (way back in history) in which people died from being knocked to the ground and beaten to death from the bouncing. Don't know how true it is.

GPSKitty

The Good Friday Earthquake in Alaska, 1964, was a 8.3 temblor which shook in some parts of the state for over five minutes. That would be bouncing around for a long time.

one of my brothers was using the, uh.......commode, when a small quake hit san diego. i guess that's a good place to be. B)

Bathroom is one of the safer places to be.

Kitchens are the worst. Drawers full of silverware that can come shooting out at you, not to mention refrigerators that can suddenly start sliding across the floor. In bed, is probably the safest place to be. Pad yourself with all the pillows in bed and ride it out.

that pic was taken at my brother's house near gaylord, mi.

Can I spend next winter there? B)

the house with 8 acres, across from state land, is going to be for sale in about a year or so. he is going to retire to "new mexico". ;) i can't wait to visit. he is a cacher too.

Hmmm...maybe we could trade houses B)

funny! that's what he said. ;)

that pic was taken at my brother's house near gaylord, mi.

Can I spend next winter there? B)

the house with 8 acres, across from state land, is going to be for sale in about a year or so. he is going to retire to "new mexico". ;) i can't wait to visit. he is a cacher too.

Hmmm...maybe we could trade houses B)

funny! that's what he said. ;)

If it was Colorado, I would be there tomorrow! ;)

Why do we have to have all this rain? Doesn't it make the plants grow and cover the caches better? Doesn't it give ticks more places to hide? I don't need it to rain here, I have automatic sprinklers installed!

It has been proven that it is nice during the week and rainy on the weekend, due to the amount of polution produced during the week. So everyone take off dirng the week, when it's nice and only workend, when it's rainy. :)

I wish it was raining here We had snow yesterday and Today!

Since my fruit trees started blooming, I don't want it to snow right now.

Ummm...I believe the proper term is "alternate lifestyle" trees...... :D

Maybe I should have said peach tree :D

...as in "She's got nice peaches, when she grows up...uh, nevermind :D

Yes, that would be just peachy! :D

Why did your post suddenly remind me of Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song"????? :D