Great Price On Garmin 60c

i can get an americas basemap model from the us for about £230 ..this is a atlantic model which is for uk use...yes you are correct the gps's in the uk cost twice as much as in the usa...this is not spam post ...this is a company in denmark selling garmin units at a competative price...i posted it hopeing that your uk readers would benifit from this price.

Living in the UK, and deciding to upgrade to the 60cs. Average cost is about £480 Sterling, thats about $848 US. Prices in the UK compared to what is charged in the US on average are double, for the same product, even online companys who are purchasing CDs from Asia for sale in the UK, at greatly reduced prices are being taken to court. As they are breaking EU import laws. Welcome to the rip off EU!

Dave :) .

Metroguide Europe won't autoroute in units which have US Basemap so If you (like I did get my Garmin V) get unit from USA, you have to buy City Select, not metroguide to get autorouting work in Europe... And that price really sucks :)

Metroguide has routing information because it will route in PC but mapsource for some reason will remove that before sending maps to unit.

Edited by eltsu
Metroguide Europe won't autoroute in units which have US Basemap so If you (like I did get my Garmin V)  get unit from USA, you have to buy City Select, not metroguide to get autorouting work in Europe... And that price really sucks :)

Metroguide has routing information because it will route in PC but mapsource for some reason will remove that before sending maps to unit.

Ah, bummer. That kinda sucks. Is there no way to slam a Europe base map into it? Oh well, I guess this is a good price after all. I didn't know they were that expensive over there. Just ignore the us ignorant Americans... :)

--Marky