How Do I Un-archive A Cache?

GeoDoozer

I had one of my caches vandalized, so I "archived" it ......thinking I could "un-archive" when I repaired the damage and re-cached it. But I can't. There is no "un-archive" option. Also, I must have did an "Archive (no show)" because it doesn't even show up on a search anymore. I emailed info@geocaching.com, but no response. How do I fix this problem?

Thx

If your cache is temporally unavailable as in your case you should only disable it rather then archiving. If a cache was archived it can only be re-enabled by the approver. Log in, view your cache and scroll to the end of the page. There you will find the name of the approver who approved your cache. Send him an email.

On the bottom of the cache page is the name of the approver. Email him or her and explain what happened. Ask them NICELY to unarchive cache GC????. If they don't get right back to you wait a day or so. Don't cry, whine and complain like some CHILDREN have done before in the forums. These folks have other things going , not just to approve (or deny) at our beck and call.

I will now step off my soapbox.

GeoDoozer, This small rant is in no way directed AT you! It is nothing personal, but I have been waiting for the proper time to speak my piece. Alway been told don't speak till your spoken to!

I had one of my caches vandalized, so I "archived" it ......thinking I could "un-archive" when I repaired the damage and re-cached it. But I can't. There is no "un-archive" option. Also, I must have did an "Archive (no show)" because it doesn't even show up on a search anymore. I emailed info@geocaching.com, but no response. How do I fix this problem?

Thx

One of the problems might be that you e-mailed info@ when you should have emailed CONTACT@

If you would like to e-mail me at co_admin@geocachingadmin.com and include the GC# for you cache I would be happy to look at it for you.

CO Admin

[...] Also, I must have did an "Archive (no show)" because it doesn't even show up on a search anymore.

As I know, no archived caches show up in search results, "Archive (no show)" must mean something different. Question for admins or more experienced cache owners: what is the difference between show and no show?

[...] Also, I must have did an "Archive (no show)" because it doesn't even show up on a search anymore.

As I know, no archived caches show up in search results, "Archive (no show)" must mean something different. Question for admins or more experienced cache owners: what is the difference between show and no show?

Show means you will put an archive note which will show in the logs, no show means no log will show up in the logs

Archive (no show) -- the cache cannot be seen by other cachers.

Archive (show) -- the cache can still be seen by other cachers.

It really does not have anything to do with the viewing of the logs, but rather with the viewing of the archived cache. If you have the URL for a cache that has been archived with the (show) function you can still view the cache and the logs. If it has been archived with the (no show) function, then you would not be able to see the cache page even if you have the URL.