Garmin 60 Or Gpsv

quills

i'm looking to get a new gps. i currently use a legend but i'm thinking of upgrading. my question is if you were to have to pick between the 60 or the gpsV which would you choose. i've seen more than a couple on these forums that went from the V to the 60 please chime in.

...i currently use a legend but i'm thinking of upgrading. my question is if you were to have to pick between the 60 or the gpsV which would you choose.

I have a Legend and am waiting for the 60c I ordered on Wednesday to get here. Does that answer your question? :rolleyes:

It was a no-brainer for me. Color TFT screen, 56MB of memory, color TFT screen, quad helix antenna, USB connection, color TFT screen, +5 hours of use on half the power...

well after reading the posts here i'm not sure. everything with the 60 sounds good but i want to hear about your experience with it. especially using it with a laptop and doing turn by turn navigation. the geocaching i'm not so much worried about but i will use it for that also.

I've had a V for over a year and got my 60C a few days ago. I'll sum it up like this. If you don't have a V, the 60 is a fantastic unit. If you have a V and make frequent use of it for traveling, the 60 is a disappointment!

The 60 is not the V with most of the improvements that we V owners were looking for. Garmin did some shrewd marketing here as the V owner will need to buy two new units to gain the features we've long been wanting.

If you don't have a copy of City Select and want to do a mix of geocaching and road work, I think the Garmin V Deluxe is a VERY good buy right now. As it is, I STILL want a Garmin V with more memory and USB. The color screen and geocaching feature is nice, but I could do without them.

I've had a V for over a year and got my 60C a few days ago. I'll sum it up like this. If you don't have a V, the 60 is a fantastic unit. If you have a V and make frequent use of it for traveling, the 60 is a disappointment!

The 60 is not the V with most of the improvements that we V owners were looking for. Garmin did some shrewd marketing here as the V owner will need to buy two new units to gain the features we've long been wanting.

If you don't have a copy of City Select and want to do a mix of geocaching and road work, I think the Garmin V Deluxe is a VERY good buy right now. As it is, I STILL want a Garmin V with more memory and USB. The color screen and geocaching feature is nice, but I could do without them.

I'm in the same boat. I bought my V not too long ago and just go my 60c. Sorry to say I totally disagree with your views. I would strongly suggest getting the 60C as I feel it is by far superior to the V. The MUCH faster routing, more memory, USB and excellent color screen blow the V away.

$.02

GPS60C is excellent for people who aready have a GPS V, and a 2nd unlock that has not been used yet for their City Select. So if you have a GPS V and a 60C, both of them can be unlocked to use the City Select Software. The problem is that I have 2 GPS V's and no free unlock for the 60C.