Zonealarm Problem

aerospacecase

I use ZOneAlarm Pro (required by my employer) and have never had any problem.

I certainly don't make Groundspeak or any other Internet site a trusted site.

Go over your setting to see if you can find something that prevents pages from retrieving files from other domains.

I forget the official name for it.

If no one gets you the specific answer, I'll check tomorrw during the big snowstorm we will be getting, and post the answer here.

I have ZoneAlarm Pro installed and when I click on an image thumbnail, the large version will not display.  I have looked at all the settings and can not find a way to allow pictures on GC without turning ZoneAlarm off completely.  Does anyone have a solution to this? <_<

I have that exact problem as well! How do you set it up so that GC has permission? The only thing I thought you could give permission to was a program, like InternetExpolder or Netrape.

Also i should mention that when i want to see the pic that exploder won't let me see, i open it in netrape just fine. But in netrape i can't log in to GC.com. :rolleyes:

I think i'll blame jeremy for this. <_<

Edited by Criminal

Also, what browser are you using?

What version?

If MS IE V6 check your security settings there, as there is a setting to prevent a web page from retrieving stuff from other domains - can't think of the actual setting, but I'll look after my errands. (Big snow coming tonight - must cache...must get food....me hunter/gatherer....)

Thanks for all the posts.  It turned out that the setting that was causing the problem was Ad Blocking set to high to disable banner ads.  Setting it to medium allows the pictures to display properly. 

Just like geocaching, sometimes it takes more than one set of eyes to see.  :blink:

I had the same problem. If setting it to "medium" doesnt help, right click on the www.geoaching.com entry in the website list of the privacy tab. Klick options and disable all the blocking features for this site. Advantage: You can leave the general setting to htgh.

Martin

Edited by JeeperMTJ