Brownie Points

:lol: Thinking about creating some Brownie Point Geonickels but I'm kind of stuck on the design. Would definately appreciate some input for the caching community.

You could change your name to Buffalo ... then you could put an Indian on one side of the nickel and a buffalo on the other! Or... make the nickel 'brown' in color, put the geocaching symbol (and website) on one side and your team name (Brownie Point) on the otherside. As I don't know the significance of the name Brownie, I'm not going to be much help. :(

Undoubtedly, someone will come up with something better. This is not one of my better skills in Photoshop (I'm better at just taking pictures and changing text, but I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Like I said, just a simple design and undoubtedly someone will get something better, but I threw it together in a few minutes.

152117_1900.jpg

I just happened to be off work today. So it was a great excuse to play around in Illustrator and Photoshop. :lol: Your profile said you liked artwork and particularly Rodin. Maybe there is a favorite saying you could add to the top of the front? You could also substitute a family picture for the GC logo on the back. This type of design would work similar to the ones I designed for The Weasel... Printing the design yourself on clear adhesive labels and cutting to fit the wooden blank, or you could look into some custom printing through a company that makes the wooden nickels.

14843_5000.jpg

Think I came up with a good design for my soon to be Brownie Points. Think I'll even do differnent denominations down the road. Thanks everyone for the input.

I Like the buffalo thing, but maybe you should explain what "The Brownies" mean! :lol::(

Making different denominations is a neat idea too.

Edited by Navdog

:D Our last name is Brown. If you have seen the movie Willow, there are small little people in there called the Brownies. If you have noticed, they tend to have arguments about who is right and who is wrong throughout the movie. With this in mind, think of the a normal geocaching adventure with the Brownie twist. :lol: My son thinks the cache is over here. Mom thinks it's over there. Dad has the GPS and says it's this way, and sister is off in her own world. That's why we adopted the name The Brownies.

B) With that in mind, I have been seeing a lot of cool geocoins going with each cachers own motto on it. We didn't have one, and we wanted to come up with something that would be a unique find for other cachers in my neighborhood. Hence we(I) decided let's create some Brownie Points. We are on a limited budget so coins are out of the question for now, :( but geonickels are definately in the right price range and for now they will do quite nicely.

:D Our last name is Brown. If you have seen the movie Willow, there are small little people in there called the Brownies. If you have noticed, they tend to have arguments about who is right and who is wrong throughout the movie. With this in mind, think of the a normal geocaching adventure with the Brownie twist. :lol: My son thinks the cache is over here. Mom thinks it's over there. Dad has the GPS and says it's this way, and sister is off in her own world. That's why we adopted the name The Brownies.

the part about arguments and who is right or wrong sounds like the forums. :(

:lol: Thinking about creating some Brownie Point Geonickels but I'm kind of stuck on the design. Would definately appreciate some input for the caching community.

You could change your name to Buffalo ... then you could put an Indian on one side of the nickel and a buffalo on the other! Or... make the nickel 'brown' in color, put the geocaching symbol (and website) on one side and your team name (Brownie Point) on the otherside. As I don't know the significance of the name Brownie, I'm not going to be much help. :(

Would they not be called Buffalo Chips ? ...... LOL :D