Redding Cachers?

Anyone from the Redding/Shasta County area want to have a cache event or go group caching?

I come in and wander around the forums for the first time in forever, and lookee here what I find! Locals! Yay!

My schedule is nuts most of this month, what with a 9-5 job, a PT evening job, and a work/rent trade that takes up most of my Saturdays. BUT.. come next month, I should have every other Saturday off and would love to meet up with some of my fellow cachers around these parts. It even gives me some extra incentive to get my pending cache ideas out in the field pronto.

Also, I ran into the Kokopeli's in the field a few months ago and we tossed around the idea of an event cache for North Staters too (I know some folks in Chico/Paradise have done one recently). Might be fun to invite them up to try out some of ours or something. Just an idea. Please suggest others.

My wife and I would be interested in meeting other geocachers in the Redding area. Our schedules primarily allow for us to geocache and do events on the weekends. What are your thoughts? I talked with Big Bear a few weeks ago and he mentioned that he might try to organize some type of event.

I currently live in Washington state but get back to the Redding area a couple of times a year. I was raised in the Anderson area. Last time thru I stopped at a cache in Redding and have a few more to find next time down. I will occasionaly watch this thread and probably make some posts. I would like to meet cachers there or meet to find some caches if i am in the area. KAYAK PHOTOG Olympia, Wa.

We are having a Pizza Party cache event on Feb 28, 6-9PM in Oroville at the Round Table we have a room reserved. We already have about 26 people confirm they are coming. We went to the one in Paradise in Nov and it was a blast. We made friends with other cachers and cache with them now when we can.

Everyone up your way is welcome to attend. Here is the link.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...60-824e305dbd5f

We are coming to Anderson & Redding area Sunday what caches are the best?

Thanks, Happy caching

Escapades

Oroville, CA

We had a blast on our day trip to Redding area. We did a couple in corning and one in Tehama on the way up. We found 7 in Redding area. We met "Where am I" at the cache "Fore" and then did "Kids Kingdom" with them, I was the lucky one to fall in the creek getting to the cache, plus my boots filled up with water, but "Where am I" retrieved the key to "The Locked Nest Monster" and let our group tag along. It was a really fun day. Can't wait to head back up for more fun.

You will have plenty of caches to find in the Oroville area. We "Escapades" have hid 20 caches in the Oroville area, plus there are quite a few others. In the Oroville wildlife area there are some good ones. Anything hidden by Buster 1 is usually a fun challenge. The favorite one we hid is

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...89-fc247a5f0e36

We look forward to meeting everyone coming from the Redding area.