Is Mac Simplegps Gone For Good?

kptom

I'm new to the geocaching game, and working with a Mac. I've read in previous threads about Mac SimpleGPS and have visited their web site a few times in the past few days. Things have gone from home page loads but every other link on the page returns "404: not found) to todays try and not even the home page loads. This is the link I have:

Mac SimpleGPS

So now a question and a favor. Since this is freeware, would some Mac using geocacher take pity on a fellow Mac user and send me the Mac SimpleGPS software? You can attach it to an email. Please send to:

tom@coburndesign.com

Thanks for your help.

kptom

Okay, I feel kinds silly about this but...

The software is still available, but the threadworks.com domain no longer has it. The owner/author must have started a new web site. The sotware can be downloaded at

macsimplegps.com

Those of you who contacted me privately, I appreciate your help. Thanks for offering to send it to me.

Tom

For what it's worth, I've tried to get MacSimple GPS to work over a vareity of hardware and software, with no success. I can communicate fine with my GPS using Link2GPS and GPS Connect, but MacSimple GPS gives me corrupt waypoints every time. A shame, because it's certainly the best interface in the bunch.

I just downloaded the program today and it does work (kind of) on my mac iBook with OSx. In all fairness, the problem I'm having may be due to the fact that I've only used GPX PQ's so far. Of the four files, only the smallest PQ (with 25 caches) successfully openned. It took a really long time but since the instructions said it would, I waited much longer than I otherwise would and it worked.

Next, I'm going to try some LOC PQ's.

Last point... I sent the creator feedback (because this is a beta program) but the message bounced. Too bad there's no way to tell him about that. :D