What Happened To My Charter Membership!!

Greenjeens

I've been trying to access my members only cache for aboput 3 months. No one at geocaching can figure out they lost my premum membership. They tell me because I'm using a "internet terminal" there is a cookie problem. Not true, I have tried to log into my own cache from friends computers and STILL get this message

"You tried to visit a subscription-only cache. If you would like to find out more about Groundspeak subscriptions, read below."

Somehow, my charter premium account disappeared and so did access to my cache. But no one seems to get that simple point!

I have sent my Paypal subscription info and am a Paid up charter member. I've been trying with nearly a dozen emails and several months.

WTF is going on! I've paid up on my end and not getting the agreed service, or a resolution. Can someone down there simply turn on my premium membership (AND extend it the few months it's been down).

I'd be glad to research my Paypal payment once again and send it if that record has been lost.

I've been more than patient and keep getting email help that says everything works and it's a cookie problem on my part. My Premium status remains turned off, that's the problem as I see it.

Greenjeens

Ok, I'll make it easy, just get my account status which is only listed as "active member" to reflect this payment. Plus three months for the needless hassle of being without access. Should read something like "Premuim member" when viewing account status.

Greenjeens

Related Transactions

Date Type Status Details Jun. 17, 2003 

Payment  To  Groundspeak Completed  ... Jun. 17, 2003  Transfer  From  Bank Account Completed  Details

Name:

Groundspeak     (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email:

paypal@Groundspeak.com

Business Contact Information:

Business URL: http://www.Groundspeak.com

Customer Service Email: contact@Groundspeak.com

Customer Service Phone: 206-302-xxxx

Total Amount:

-$30.00 USD

Date:

Jun. 17, 2003 Time:

01:09:23 PDT Status:

Completed  

Edited by Greenjeens

OK I'll try, if I can even find the subscription code. Seems like geocaching could have sent me one again.

Problem was my premium membership seemed to disappear one day and not at the end of my membership.

I figuered the whole thing was somehow my problem, but it sure as heck isn't cookies.

Thanks,

Greenjeens

Read the Premium member FAQ went to paypal got the code, entered it and got this message....

Error: That subscription number was not found in the system. You may already be activated. Visit your my cache page and view your profile as others see you to see if you are listed as a premium member.

In order to activate your subscription, enter in your subscription ID provided through the email sent to you (or referenced in your PayPal account)

Went to my cache page and still listed as active member????

Greenjeens Edit your profileMember Since:Friday, December 07, 2001Status:Active UserLast Visit:Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Premium, charter whatever I just want to be able to get to my members only caches which ZI have been locked out of for months. I get notifications. Says they are my caches but can't get in. Can also change my title/badge to whatever I want like a premium member.

I'm guessing the first fault was when my premium membership disappeared and I just renewed the membership thinking that was the problem. Should have reentered the then current subscription ID, but I thought my membership had run out....

Jeremy fixed it the first time and it worked but then access disappeared again.

So basically, I'm p*ssed off at getting locked outand paying for it and not having any access to my cache except through notifications.

The only thing I can think of is to reenter the previous subscription code or beg for some help.

Thanks for the help, I'll try anything.

Gee, I'm sure happy Garmin is now recommending geocaching.com on their website.

-

Greenjeens

A few months ago, it showed me as not being a charter member.  I reentered the subcription code and all has been well since.

It shows you as a Premium Member. Your charter member badge of honor is MIA.

I've logged out cleared cookies, logged in rentered S-code several times and get the prevoius error message "to check my profile as others see me and see if I am a premium member"... I'm still listed as "active member" and still can't view my members only caches.

I don't see myself listed as a premium member or charter member anywhere. But you do?

I changed "charter member" to "directionally challeged". That part of the premuim membership privilage works but not what counts.

-

Thanks for all the help anyway

grrrreenjeens

Try this...

See if you can go you your REPORT A CACHE page for these caches. They should be:

http://www.geocaching.com/hide/report.aspx?id=74518

and

http://www.geocaching.com/hide/report.aspx?id=36734

If you can get to them, try deselecting "Check if you only want Premium and Charter Members to view this cache."

That might at least get you into your caches. Not the solution you are looking for, but...

Hope that helps!

CR

Greenjeens,

I just replied via email, I would be happy to work out the details of your membership with you.

Thanks,

Everything magically worked when I entered the S- code once again.

"Groundspeak Premium Membership

Success! Your subscription has now been activated...."

Ahh, my beloved caches are back in view, with new pictures too. Joy of joys!

Man, getting this to work was almost as hard as "Juan Pickens" cache (which I never found).

-

Happy New Year!

Greenjeens

A few months ago, it showed me as not being a charter member.  I reentered the subcription code and all has been well since.

It shows you as a Premium Member. Your charter member badge of honor is MIA.

I didn't notice that it no longer showed me as a charter member. No big deal, though. I still get the bennies.