Found This One...

Kewaneh & Shark

I found GT0474 a few months ago in Corcoran, Kings County, California.

58276_300.jpg

Thought I'd share it with everyone as it brought up two topics that were going on at the time (and have been mentioned time and time again). The first is how some benchmarks get run over by progress. This mark was originally set in a field or empty lot. As the area was developed, the mark was protected. You can see that it is now in a McDonalds parking lot - the paving went right up to the concrete post. I have never found another one protected and/or maintained in such a manner.

The other topic that came to mind was that of getting stopped and questioned by the local authorities. As you can see, some of Corcoran's finest are at the drive-thru. They proceeded to park in the empty stall and ask a few questions. Nothing too serious, just along the lines of "What EXACTLY are you doing?" and "Why are you taking pictures of the ground?", followed by "That thing is a WHAT?"

Too much fun.

Edited by Kewaneh & Shark

jeff do you have a signature item yet?? just wondering a am searching all over and i amhaving little luck!!have you seen anything cheap in price that would make a good sig item for a jailer/reserve??i thought about the small basic handcuff key but wait.....probably not a great idea passing those around even if they are on ebay for 10 for a buck right??

cool so thats three so far.lol the get out of jail free card is a good idea but...where do you get 500 of those without buying all those games?maybe a buisiness card made to look like one might work???hmmm gives me sonething to think about anyway.i would like something more collectable tho.any idea's ima?

jeff do you have a signature item yet??

No... I'm more of a TNLNSL kinda guy, my kids typically trade trinkets though. I just enjoy getting out with my kids away from the stresses of everday life. Although most folks here in the local area know I'm a deputy, I'm just a regular dad when caching and an addict when benchmarking. Man, I love finding bencharks!