I-15 Road Trip

programmer64

B)I-15 north from SUNBURY, Pa to PAINTED POST,N.Y we will be road tripping 12/31 would appreciated any caches along the way that aren't far off course. cache and dashes would be greatly apprecited. Bringing qualitity loot for the trades. Also on the way back we will place a cache at wyalusing rocks overlook.on rte.6 in PA,and one on a mountain road in Towanda Pa. first finder to each is going to get a great bonus gift. :unsure:

Not to be a pest, but just to clarify...Route 15 is not an interstate. Those that may be looking for an interstate symbol on a map will not see one.

15 is a state route. Some parts of it good and some bad. I'm not into cache and dashes so I have do not have any suggestions. A little work sorting on GC.com with a map and zip code book should show you some caches. Most of that route runs through rural NC PA, so there may not be many of the cache and dashes your seeking.

We tend to like to leave the road to do our caching up here ! :unsure:

Good Luck!

Salvelinus

Edited by Salvelinus

While not exactly "pull off and grab" there are several caches that can be done relatively easily. Williamsport is your best spot to stretch your legs. While it IS a multicache Lycoming Creek Circulating Library can be done relatively quickly. Urban Hunt IS a park-n-grab, but it will require a slight detour. River of Dreams is another quick side trip and the cache is a short walk from parking, if you check your maps carefully. It's currently disabled, but the owner is planning on replacing Canfield Island cache soon. Again, a bit of a side trip, but all those caches are relatively close together, and all in the Williamsport area. None involve long walks, if you park at the right spot. IF you plan it where you hit the area at meal time, there are also PLENTY of options for that in Williamsport as well.

:oI-15 north from SUNBURY, Pa to PAINTED POST,N.Y we

:P I do apologize, rte 15 through pennsylvania is a us highway not an interstate. I have picked out 6 caches already,and am checking out the ones IV Warrior posted.

I have already scoped out the following caches:

Lycoming Creek Circulating library

Bucknell University Micro Cahe

Stand By Me This is one by Geo-Packrat who posted earlier How long is this one?

Simple But Fun and

Lycoming County Airport Penny Cache

Any info on any ones I've looked at would be great,Like how long they are etc. I wouldn't mind 3 half hour caches along the way, or 6- 15 minute ones.

By the way thought I'd share I got my 100th Cache on Sataurday the 27 th!

Edited by bleattler

Stand by me is a little over a quarter mile walk(Milton State park). 5-10 minutes if your GPS is right on, and you look at the hint closely.

river of dreams should take you about 5 minutes from your car to found. (parking in Susquehanna State park is key here)

There are Two at SHikellamy OverLook(SUNBURY) Cliffside(don't do if there is snow on ground) and Off the Beaten Path which could be done in about an hour round trip, parking on the side of the road at the gate(DO NOT BLOCK the GATE) (but I wouldNOT want to do these before a lng trip)