Christmas Newbies

Dan-oh

I am an almost Christmas Newbie. got and eTrex Legend for my Birthday on the 16th. Found a couple and have a ton lined up for my 2 weeks off beginning Wednesday. I don't forsee giving it up but I am sure there are plenty that may begin and not get hooked.

I'm with you Halden. I got mine on my birthday December 10. I can't see myself giving it up. That is unless something drastic happens to caching. Something like it being outlawed might do it, but not sure about that.

F_M

I got the GPS for my husband for Christmas four years ago. It was a handy item to have for tracking, if you know what I mean. ;) After the divorce, I took it because it seemed as though it would come in handy for some good purpose someday, and then I found geocaching!! This sport is what you make of it, and I have chosen to make it an opportunity to enjoy the out doors with my son - the "complaining" on the boards can't take that away from me!!