Designing A Signature Card?

EGMUNI

Newbie question, here. I just started caching last month and love it! Anyway, I saw some of these signature cards in the last cache I found and thought I'd like have my own, too. I would like to have the Geocaching Logo on the card...do I need permission to have that printed on the card and if so, who should I contact?

TIA

IBCRASHEN...thanks...that's what I was looking for.

Maybe, all of you can set me straight on the signature card. I was planning on using it, when I find a cache. Or do you leave them behind to trade or include it when you leave something behind? Or does it really matter how you use it...what's the protocol :lol:

I have always viewed signature items as something a little different from normal trade items... These generally fall into two categories... Signature items (I make pens and use those) or signature cards...

Most people tend to leave sig cards as something a little extra. And since it's just a little card, I think most people regard taking them in the same way.... If it's a signature item, though, if you taek one from a cache, trade for it... If you leave one, it's up to you if you trade or not.

There is older version of geocaching, used before GPS. It is called Letterboxing. My research of letterboxing actually led me to geocaching. In letterboxing, the cache would have a journal and stamp that is unique to the cache. Each letterboxer would have their own personal stamp. When the letterboxer has found the "letterbox" they would stamp the journal in the box and then stamp their personal diary/journal with the stamp from the box. One would collect stamps just like a kid collects signatures from disney characters in a book. I am thinking about doing the same thing with geocaching. I am going to create my own unique stamp to sign my visits. I plan to put out some geocaches that will contain some unique stamps of their own.

What are your thoughts on this. I thought it would be a great idea.

Best regards,

Russ-R-Us

I took the photo from my home page and made it into a "sticker". A cheep sheet of sticky paper from Ofice max is all I need. To log on I just put in my sticker. It can't be taken and it is much more interesting than my handwriting. It is fun to recognize others stamps or stickers in chaches. Cards are nice but they tend to clutter the cache after time.

]Geobaby