Palm Software

FDNY260

i have a palm V, (yes i know its old) but it was free. i am currently using cachemate from smittyware but dont really like it because the decriptions and logs all get cut off so you cant read all of it. i tried mobi reader but couldnt get it to work. is plunker any better? has anyone tried all of them and what is the best?

after reading some threads i see that alot of people like cachemate, i have it but am i correct that it cuts off the decriptions and the logs to whatever is on the page and noting more?

Edited by FDNY260
i have a palm V, (yes i know its old) but it was free. i am currently using cachemate from smittyware but dont really like it because the decriptions and logs all get cut off so you cant read all of it. i tried mobi reader but couldnt get it to work. is plunker any better? has anyone tried all of them and what is the best?

If you have a later version (later than 2.1) of CacheMate, and it's registered, then with the proper option turned on in CMConvert (the one for longer descriptions) there should be very few descriptions that get cut short. In fact, I haven't seen any yet that are.

As far as logs go, the Geocaching.com GPX files only contain up to 5 logs (the latest ones) for each cache, so that would explain that. You're not going to get better results with another program with that unless it does page scraping on the site to get all of the logs.

I use CacheMate for Benchmarking - talk about LONG descriptions. Many Benchmark "descriptions" are really multiple logs with multiple descriptions detailing get to them. Since CM expanded to something like 8KB I rarely have a description cut off. That should be more then enough for most cachers.