Waypoint Management

Ok, I searched with no luck, so if I overlooked something, please don't yell too loud.....LOL

I have the Etrex Vista. What I am looking to do is be able to download the waypoints from my gps, delete the ones I have found or are not interested in doing and then upload the list and have the ones I deleted gone. Is there a software package that does that or am I overlooking something extremely simple. Any info and or Guidance is greatly appreciated....

sure - use mapsource to get the waypoints to/from your gps. while you "manage" them on your pc just delete all from your gps and then when you reload them to your gps all will be well...

power user tip - use the geocaching icons garmins provides for your cache waypoints (the treasure chests (closed and open)) and in this way you can delete all by icon type rather than a global delete all.

no doubt you will soon hear from others detailing the many, many third party software apps that also will help you with this type of activity - easygps would be one of them - from this site... :D

Edited by Vlad