Harry Potter and the Geocaching Logo

Dinoprophet

yup that sure looks like the geocaching logo. Let me have a few more beers and I'm sure it will look even more like it when I'm done.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

On a related subject, I ask that everyone watch South Park Dec 7 at 9 PM CST. They will be playing the same episode that was on tonight. In the show, Cartman is running his own business. As he is showing his "clients" his brochures, he keeps opening and closing them. Onthe cover of these brochures, I swear it looks like it has a logo exactly the Geocaching.com logo. I could be crazy, I could be tired, heck I could even be drunk, BUt I could swear it WAS the Geocaching logo. I even got that feeling in my gut when I saw it. Please watch it and let me know if I am crazy or not.

Waferdog

Well, that's the best pic I could find of it. But trust me, on the big screen, when it's bigger than a handful of pixels, it's obvious.

It's the public domain logo. It's surrounded by a shield. Here, I removed the shield part:

lockhartlogo3.jpg

Mock me if you must, but you'll beg forgiveness after you've seen it for yourself!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

vlip2.gif Now cache away, cache away, cache away all!

but I'm not drinking now and I don't see the X in it. You just have the goecaching on the brain syndrome. You'll start seeing it everywhere, if you go shopping at Grand Union, you'll see it. Gristedes, there it is again. Goodyear Tires, oh my, there it is again. GE Capital, General Electric, GMC, GMAC, Gillette, Gallo, oh my God they're everywhere, geologos to the left of me, to the right of me!!!!

With proper therapy you should be ok.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

but I'm not drinking now and I don't see the X in it.

The cross is there, but it's not very clear in this blowup. Well, nothing is, I guess. The two dark areas inside the G are the ends of the vertical line. I'll just have to live in humiliated disgrace until a better image comes around. It was so clear in the movie!

logoandcrest.jpg

quote:
You just have the goecaching on the brain syndrome.

There's that, too.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

vlip2.gif Now cache away, cache away, cache away all!

Let's see ... because the movie was "in the can" well before the geo logo was created, anyone who has used it should expect to receive a "cease and desist" order in the mail really soon. icon_wink.gif

(And while we always enjoy Kenneth Branagh's acting, we were very disappointed he chose [or was directed to] underplay Lockhart ... the character was so much more flamboyant and charismatic in the book. That was the biggest disappointment in the movie for our family.)

quote:
Originally posted by waferdog:

In the show, Cartman is running his own business. As he is showing his "clients" his brochures, he keeps opening and closing them. On the cover of these brochures, I swear it looks like it has a logo exactly the Geocaching.com logo.

Please watch it and let me know if I am crazy or not.

Waferdog

31974_700.jpg

Howdy, WD! Here's a crop of that portion of the scene where Cartman shows one of those brochures to the two other kids. It's easy to see how you could've been fooled.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===