Where are there extreme adventure-based caches?!?

wanderlust

I am in the process of compliling some of the most extreme adventure-based caches in the world! icon_biggrin.gif

I need your help! What and where are some extreme caches that you have either completed or heard about. I am looking for cache that could possibly include some/any/all of the following: rock climbing, mountain biking, caving/spelunking, rappelling, swimming, SCUBA diving, sea kayaking, mountaineering, canyoneering, etc. icon_eek.gif Usually, I expect most caches of this nature may fall into a 5 star category, but that is not required.

Also, if a cache does not have an element of adventure sports, it may also be considered extreme if it is a multi-day cache hunt!

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to see and hear your suggestions!

Wanderlust

quote:
Originally posted by wanderlust:

I am in the process of compliling some of the most extreme adventure-based caches in the world!...

By using a combination of poor planning, inferior maps, inclement weather, and nighttime searching, I can turn almost any basic 1/1 into an extreme adventure without even trying! icon_wink.gif

Worldtraveler

The 12 Step Program is one of mine. Doesn't require any special equipment for skills to find (well, maybe a little math, patience, and outside-the-box thinking), but it's definitely a multi-dayer. Fastest time so far is 12 days (Go Rye_and_Leigh!!!), and I suspect that record will hold until at least next summer. icon_biggrin.gif

---------------------------------------

Missoula Organization Of Geocachers (MOOG)

MOOG; Unarguably, the coolest geocaching club acronym to date. icon_cool.gif

---------------------------------------

I have placed many caches in caves in Colorado but the most difficult one was archived. Currently the hardest one is located in a cave on top of a cliff. The only way to ener the cave is by droping down the pit entrance. It is only a drop of about 15 feet but a rope is necessary if you want to do it safely. It is in Colorado, was placed on 9-7-02 and is called tower cave cache. I wanted to do more difficult caches but it looks like they are going to be unpopular here. Most people like to do the easy caches and pad their stats.

Vader