What NOT to do while Geocaching

This was on the news this AM. Seems this dude was hiking mountainous terrain out west. He spotted a local fishing camp and decided he’d try his luck – although fishing wasn’t his thing. (This gets obvious.)

He actually caught a 25-pound fish. He didn’t want to leave it behind, so he STRAPPED IT TO HIS BACKPACK.

Things went well on his hike down the mountain until a hungry cougar found his bundle attractive and jumped him. The guy came out of it just fine – no injury – but his backpack was ripped to shreds.

This falls into the how-dumb-can-you-get-and-still-not-fall-down-a-lot category. Geez.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

This was on the news this AM. Seems this dude was hiking mountainous terrain out west. He spotted a local fishing camp and decided he’d try his luck – although fishing wasn’t his thing. (This gets obvious.)

The article from the Seattle Times says he was an angler (another word for fisherman).

If he was only hiking he wouldn't have had a fishing pole and supplies with him.

bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Don't drive real slow around a elementary school a few times trying to find the best access point or parking spot for the cache.

As for that hiker and the fish...What a moron. I would of put it inside my pack.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

yes that hiker was a moron....i am with you....i would have put it INSIDE my backpack too....the cougar would nevvveerrr have found it then..;o

wanda

quote:
Originally posted by wanda texas:

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Don't drive real slow around a elementary school a few times trying to find the best access point or parking spot for the cache.

As for that hiker and the fish...What a moron. I would of put it inside my pack.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

yes that hiker was a moron....i am with you....i would have put it INSIDE my backpack too....the cougar would nevvveerrr have found it then..;o

wanda

Y'all ain't from around these parts are ya? icon_biggrin.gif

25 lb. chinook means my hands would be cold and dead before that cougar had its way and only IF he was able to sneak upon me in the first place... I would have been soooo paranoid for the grizzley stalking me a cougar would be a let down. icon_eek.gif

Cheers!

TL