No drugs in caches, huh?

So, who was it that was saying that nobody would ever leave a large amount of drugs unattended in the wilderness? icon_biggrin.gif Take a look at this quote from the NPS morning report:

Amistad National Recreation Area (TX)

Drug Seizure

On September 28, two campers found eleven suspicious, tape-wrapped bundles at an unoccupied campsite in the San Pedro campground and reported their find to park rangers. The bundles contained 218 pounds of processed marijuana with an estimated value of almost $175,000. The marijuana was found during a combined agency narcotics interdiction operation; involved were the NPS, Border Patrol, Customs, and Texas DPS Narcotics Division.

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

Man I hate it when there is a new cache in my area, and I am not the first to find it!!!

And what proof do we have that the campers only "found eleven suspicious, tape-wrapped bundles" I have a feeling that there where more than eleven. What a great cover. Turn some in and your the good guy. But what was hidden behind that rock before the cops got there? icon_biggrin.gif

www.ManuelCasillas.com

[This message was edited by manuelcasi on October 10, 2002 at 04:37 PM.]

quote:
On September 28, two campers found eleven suspicious, tape-wrapped bundles at an unoccupied campsite in the San Pedro campground and reported their find to park rangers. The bundles contained 218 pounds of processed marijuana with an estimated value of almost $175,000. The marijuana was found during a combined agency narcotics interdiction operation; involved were the NPS, Border Patrol, Customs, and Texas DPS Narcotics Division.

Two campers found it, but the "authorities" take the credit.

Personally, if I found packaged weed like that I'd run screaming like a woman for the nearest civilization. If the owners show up and you're still there, you're a goner.

3382_900.gif

While benchmark hunting today I met a fellow portaging his bike across the railroad tracks, with a baby in his papoose sack. After explaining what I was doing, he mentioned that I could find some wild weed 'over yonder' in the woods. Again, I explained that's not what I'm looking for. He said that it was just that wild hemp that was grown in the area years ago. I thought, that's just fine, but I'd rather be warned not to go 'over yonder' because there's some boys who'll shoot yer azz off if you go snoopin' near their killer home grown, home schooled, 4-H agriculture project.

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

Log

Took Pot, left Crack pipe.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

Given the way alot of people trade items, the log should read: "Took Pot, left broken used crack pipe" or "Took Pot, left broken happy meal toy".

But then I digress.....

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.