Magellan Strikes Again

Runaround

Magellan has screwed up again.

The newest treasure cache placed in Ohio is either in one of the Summit County Metroparks or the Cuyahoga Vallet National Recreation Area. It depends on where the property lines fall. The problem is that caching is BANNED in both areas. One was a decision by the park district, the other area is managed by the NPS.

How far will this set back efforts by local cachers to get caches allowed in the SCMP's?

Is anybody at Magellan thinking?

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

This has definately been a learning year for Magellan.

I think Murphy has had his hand in their event....cause almost everything that could go wrong HAS gone wrong.

This could be a VERY good thing for next year. Since So many mistakes have been made...I think the staffers responsible, won't be working on next years Project, and those in charge will be making sure that this years mistakes AREN'T repeated.

Frankly...Over all they've still done a good job...It's hard to start out on a National level on something that has SO many different variations on local levels.

I look forward to Next years HUnt!

Give me a Tall ship, and a Star to steer her bye...

The White Fleet....

quote:
Originally posted by geo-Packrat:

...This could be a VERY good thing for next year. Since So many mistakes have been made...I think the staffers responsible, won't be working on next years Project, and those in charge will be making sure that this years mistakes AREN'T repeated...

I would agree, if they had not repeated so many mistakes this year. If they can't be more careful, with past mistakes fresh on their minds, I don't see how waiting a year will help.

If I were Magellan, I would just figure my employees couldn't handle the task, and never do anything like that contest again.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by geo-Packrat:

Frankly...Over all they've still done a good job...It's hard to start out on a National level on something that has SO many different variations on local levels.

Project APE went on 2 years ago and was pretty flawless. In each of the 14 caches listed, we asked permission to place every one of them.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

It might look like it's in CVNRA, but it's actually in the Hampton Hills Park of the Summit County Metro Parks. As I understand from what runaround has stated, SCMP has banned geocaching in their parks. However, I could find no mention of that policy, or any other policy for that matter, on their website SCMP. Guess it matters what you consider to be due diligence in researching the area you want to place a cache, but if they don't post it on their site, then tough cookies.

SCMP's hasn't posted a policy anywhere that I'm aware of. They just send out rangers to grab the caches and then send a note to the cache owner to come claim their abandoned property. They threatened one cache owner with a littering citation.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif