EMS 20% discount for Cachers

Crusso

Next weekend EMS store are offering a 20% discount for anyone "belonging to an outdoor club". I believe Geocaching qualifies. That's a great deal for anyone looking for a GPS! I did this last year & it was fine with the staff. It would be nice to have a business card sized membership card though. Maybe for those who've paid dues....

Jeremy? icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

Google.com is a WONDERFUL thing. icon_smile.gif

Just slightly off topic for a second....

I just read about Google's new search service (beta) at catalog.google.com for searching through hundreds of mail order catalogs.

I typed in "GPS" and WOW! You get to see the actual catalog pages with the search results highlighted in yellow!

I was very impressed, and NO I don't work for them.

Really what are we. A bonifide outdoor organization that has a track record of meetings and what we have done to help the environment. Or a social group that just plays with GPS'S

And if we enter who gets the $1,OOO prize; not us Cachers but Jeremy. icon_eek.gif

That is if GEOCACHING.COM is registered as a bonifide non-profit organization, under Federal Regulations.

The "Bushwhacker"

>>--->

[This message was edited by Bushwhacker on April 22, 2002 at 07:24 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by The Flying Dutchman:

Another one of those places that are Garmin only. Wish some of you folks would realize that Garmin, big as they are, aren't the end all and be all of GPSr's.

icon_eek.gif You mean there is something better out there?

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

quote:
Originally posted by The Flying Dutchman:

Another one of those places that are Garmin only. Wish some of you folks would realize that Garmin, big as they are, aren't the end all and be all of GPSr's.

My intention was simply to appraise fellow cachers of an oppurtunity to get some EMS stuff at a discount, NOT to start a garmin/other gps units discussion. There are plenty of threads already open about this topic. So Dutchman, no disrespect intended, but please limit your responses to the topic at hand. There is other merchandise at EMS that possibly others would be interested in. I was trying also to gauge response to a Geocaching membership card.

icon_wink.gif