How many FTFs in a day

I just set a personal record yesterday, three FTFs in one day. I don't imagine I'll get very many opportunities to do that again, let alone beat it. But it got me thinking - just curious - with all the cachers out there with 100s or 1000s of finds, there must be some who have had that lucky day with several FTFs. How 'bout it, got any stories to tell?

*** Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and they laugh at you. ***

Once upon a time long, long, ago I did a 12 cache day, of which 8 turned out to be first finds. Another "potential first find" that day was missing, and was never reported found by anybody. On two of the first finds, I ended up being (at last glance, at least) the only finder.

There were far fewer caches back then, and I think I drove over 300 miles that day to reach that many caches. That was insane; there's no way I would do that now!

Funny thing is, I was a relative newbie at the time and "first finds" weren't the premise for the day.

I managed to get 4 in one day! But we had someone right on our heels. They just about caught up with us at the end. Funny thing was he did them in the same order that we did. If he had done it another way he might of gotten a few.

I've had at least one, maybe two in one day. I don't really keep track of FTF as I only use GC for my track record.

I my caching area there is a team called Geogil & Dairy. Their specialty is to get to the cache first. If I remember correctly, they have close to 200 of these. The only way to beat them to the cache is if they oversleep or Geogil can't reach it. icon_biggrin.gif

GF

===========================================

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

18 of our 526 finds are FTF. We don't get much opportunity to be first if they are here close in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, because there are lots of people who are fanatical about being first and we cache almost exclusively on the weekends. However, we did have two multi-FTF days, one with 3 and one with 4. We enjoy being first and it is often different than normal caching....you don't have the benefit of the comments from the logs and sometimes the coords can be off considerably.

Alchemist2000

texasgeocaching_sm.gif