Code of Ethics

petewsh

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Yes, here they are:

1. Use common sense in finding a cache.

2. Use common sense in hiding a cache

3. Do to others and their caches as you would like them to do to you or your caches

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, now that's what I call simple rules to live by, good job. I am sure there are those that will be MORE than willing to make sure they will now be complicated to the n'th degree... watch and see if I'm not right.

Oops, wait, someone already did.... (slapping self in forehead... DOH!)

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:

Breaktrack posted:

I am sure there are those that will be MORE than willing to make sure they will now be complicated to the n'th degree... watch and see if I'm not right.

TANGENT FROM THREAD TOPIC

Some make it more complicated.

Some perceive it more complicated.

Some make it simpler.

Some perceive it simpler.

There are those who see the truth whether simple or complicated, it is still the truth.

There are those who confuse all of the above (and if I have, let me know icon_wink.gif

And there are still other possibilities...

...in the end, any simple rules are only guidelines...and they may be black and white, until they fail or help you to guide you when you face the grey...and so that is when you find new things that are black and white within the grey. Are we in the loop yet?

ON TOPIC

PS: Good Code of Ethics, however, to what degree to we share common sense, and how much common sense is entirely personal, and changes from person to person? Does this question even lead to any useful answer?

______________________________________________ Kanto

quote:
Originally posted by Kanto:

quote:

Breaktrack posted:

I am sure there are those that will be MORE than willing to make sure they will now be complicated to the n'th degree... watch and see if I'm not right.

TANGENT FROM THREAD TOPIC

Some make it more complicated.

Some perceive it more complicated.

Some make it simpler.

Some perceive it simpler.

There are those who see the truth whether simple or complicated, it is still the truth.

There are those who confuse all of the above (and if I have, let me know icon_wink.gif

And there are still other possibilities...

...in the end, any simple rules are only guidelines...and they may be black and white, until they fail or help you to guide you when you face the grey...and so that is when you find new things that are black and white within the grey. Are we in the loop yet?

ON TOPIC

PS: Good Code of Ethics, however, to what degree to we share common sense, and how much common sense is entirely personal, and changes from person to person? Does this question even lead to any useful answer?

______________________________________________ _Kanto_

HAHAHAHAHA, man, I have no idea what you just said but I had a BLAST reading it...LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Well...

...there is some truth in it. If you have patience, then you can find out how what truth any drivel has, can really turn into something practical...only then will it make sense, because it is a final product. Vague principles that are inherent in "pseudo philosophy", as some would call it, are only a small part of the process of making sense of certain things.

It may be strange, but it is effective for some people...but not in all situations.

Sometimes, its just plain drivel. icon_razz.gif Sometimes, its not. Can you tell the difference?

______________________________________________ Kanto

To further complicate matters, different personality types will see all those things differently.

A Myers-Briggs 'N' person will attribute different meanings to things based upon context while an 'S' person will use the dictionary definition. An 'F' will lean toward the feelings and their impace on others while a 'T' who will approach it logically...

I've noticed a lot of philosophical types seem to be "_NF_"'s...

Enjoy,

Randy

quote:
Originally posted by RJFerret:

To further complicate matters, different personality types will see all those things differently.

A Myers-Briggs 'N' person will attribute different meanings to things based upon context while an 'S' person will use the dictionary definition. An 'F' will lean toward the feelings and their impace on others while a 'T' who will approach it logically...

I've noticed a lot of philosophical types seem to be "_NF_"'s...

Enjoy,

Randy

Oh yeah, much better now.....LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Respect for the environment is clear throughout the website:

Guide to Creating and Hiding a Cache

Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines

The Cache in Trash Out ethic

For situations not directly addressed by the rules and guidelines, Criminal's "rule" of just using common sense is, IMHO, a pretty good answer. Unfortunately, in practice we do not always see common sense exercised, and that is why there are so many rules and guidelines!

--------------------

Saving the day and approving all the caches... before bedtime!