Trades

If I find one thing I really want but it's way cooler than anything I have with me I'll generally stick 2 or 3 things in to compensate.

At the same time if I find a cache that looks lacking I'll take nothing or 1 item and leave lots.

I generally cache with a pretty full backpack as I try to match what I leave w/ the cache. For example if it's next to a stream or lake I tend to leave a pair of squirtguns. (Have to leave them as a pair so people know it's okay to take both. It would be a lopsided water-fight otherwise!)

Anyway ... I'm rambling ....

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

quote:
Originally posted by st_richardson:

Have you ever traded...

I'll usually trade one for one but there have been some exceptions. I'll leave more items if the item I chose seemed to be worth more than your average trinket. Also, I'll sometimes leave many more items if the cache container looks empty or if it is the end of the day and I still have lots of trinkets.

On the flip side, I have taken an extra item from a cache because I could not figure out how to fit it back into the full container. I left the item at the next larger cache I visited.

We try to trade up, or leave more than we took. Sometimes they may be smallish things, and one nicer/bigger item (especially if we took a nice item) so that someone who has a small type item can (hopefully) take a small type item. I will admit, the caches we like the best (due to the hunt, difficulty, etc.) we tend to give lots of stuff to. One recent hunt had about a dozen little bouncy balls and a few other things others had brought. There we took 2 items and left probably 4 items. (We cache as a family). A few times, we took nothing, but left several items just to boost the cachepot.

My goal is to take nothing/leave something. We've got a pretty good supply of trade items and the trinkets in the caches are not often something that I can't live without.

However, I also seem to cache with my 5 year old and he likes to trade. I make him bring something along to trade with and try to make him trade fairly. Depending on what he brought I'll stick a few extra things in to cover what he took.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??