Whats the quickest find on a new cache?

Centaur

I don't know what the record is, but last weekend I was on the website and a new cache appeared while I was poking around. One minute it wasn't there, the next minute it was. Turns out it was about a mile from my house, so I had the cache in hand probably about 45 minutes after it appeared on this website.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

Today a couple of us found a cache that hasn't been listed yet ... it's almost like the old days!

Apparently, a newly listed cache by Big Bill6 was placed very close to a cache Gwho had hidden a while back, but never submitted a page for. Gwho went to the site, moved his cache and left the coordinates for his as-yet unlisted cache in the logbook of Big Bill's cache ... unexpected bonus caches are always fun!

UPDATE: The cache was approved and listed at approximately 6 p.m. today, so I found the cache only 8 hours before it "existed."

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on September 29, 2002 at 02:58 PM.]

We just hid a cache that could have been found before the description was posted, because the coordinates are written on cards that were placed after the cache box was placed but before the cache page was submitted for approval.

Instead, it looks like it'll be one of those caches that goes for days without being found.

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

We just hid a cache that could have been found before the description was posted...

I actually did find a cache once before it was even posted. The cache hider was a relative newbie and asked if I could check it out and critque the cache prior to listing. I found it based on just the info they emailed. Once it was added to the site and approved, I logged it.

Scott / Brokenwing

-There's a thin line between geocaching and walking in circles like an idiot.-