Event cache for all

Dersu

An event cache report has been sent in for the Webby awards.

If you have not voted yet, please do.

Not sure if it will be approved.

Cache GCG54C

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

The voting opportunity has already been widely announced on this website and via direct email from Jeremy.

I've already voted.

I hope geocaching.com wins.

I believe your intentions were good.

I don't believe this qualifies as an event cache. There is no "place" to find; there is no "gathering" to attend.

I hope none of the approvers believe the ends justify the means.

I'm really NOT trying to start a flame war. icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

+ The voting opportunity has already been widely announced on this website and via direct email from Jeremy.

+ I've already voted.

+ I hope geocaching.com wins.

+ I believe your intentions were good.

+ I don't believe this qualifies as an event cache. There is no "place" to find; there is no "gathering" to attend.

+ I hope none of the approvers believe the ends justify the means.

+ I'm really NOT trying to start a flame war. icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler

Everything that WT said. Sounds like your heart is in the right place, but you need to think about that slippery slope. Just look at the infamous "Yellow Jeep" cache for an example.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Change it to an award celebration since the Webbys cancelled it. We could all meet at the event cache location to celebrate winning the award. How about a nice central location, like Denver? Albuquerque maybe? icon_smile.gif

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

Party at Team GPSaxophone's house!!!!

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Change it to an award celebration since the Webbys cancelled it. We could all meet at the event cache location to celebrate winning the award. How about a nice central location, like Denver? Albuquerque maybe? icon_smile.gif

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

Party at Team GPSaxophone's house!!!!

http://208.55.63.109/images/homer.gif

__"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."__

Albuquerque should be nice this time of the year, not too hot yet. I'm thinking of going to the annual meeting that IHS has down there in July. I haven't made it for the last few years, but I've been there quite a few times before that.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

quote:
Change it to an award celebration since the Webbys cancelled it. We could all meet at the event cache location to celebrate winning the award. How about a nice central location, like Denver? Albuquerque maybe?

What if you reworked it to be a event/multiwebcam cache? Anyone who wanted to claim the find would have to get snapped at their local webcam cache at a predetermined date/time? Then one of you hi-tech geniuses (rules me out) could figure out how to merge the images into one composite picture. icon_wink.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

What if you reworked it to be a event/multiwebcam cache? Anyone who wanted to claim the find would have to get snapped at their local webcam cache at a predetermined date/time? Then one of you hi-tech geniuses (rules me out) could figure out how to merge the images into one composite picture.

Sounds cool, we would probably end up meeting a bunch of local people at the local webcam cache. Would you call it a Multi-Webcam-Event cache?

Happy Halloween