DeLorme Topo 3-D example

Hello everyone. I have been playing with my GPS for about a month now and just started getting into Geocaching about a week ago. Just recently I bought DeLorme Topo USA 4.0 and have been playing with it. It has some pretty cool features and I was able to load my tracks off my Garmin Vista.

Here are some pictures I took at the cache and some maps I made with the Topo software

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=221346&L=1340486

The only thing I do not like about DeLorme Topo compared to Garmin Mapsource is Mapsource has a lot more details on location names and displaying them on the map. It seems you really have to zoom in on DeLorme Topo to see it start labeling springs, streams, mines, etc.

How did you get the sky blue? I have the same software, but I think it leaves the sky white (its not on the computer I am typeing this on, so I can check for sure).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

To get the sky blue make sure you select "Horizon" when you are in the 3-D tab. It is right under teh View 3-D Map button. Also when you select Horizon it renders more area, not just the square in the 2-D view.

Admin, can you move this thread to the correct location or do I need to start a new one?

The mapping software is great fun to play with. It makes planning, and reliving the adventures a lot of fun.

Your choice of area to highlight brings back good memories for me. While I haven't hit that cache yet, I first climbed old timp there almost 30 years ago on a trip to Utah, and have been making the climb almost every year for the last 10 since I moved here. Probably my favorite trail climb in the state. (Coming up from the Timpanokee trailhead that is)

There is a big G on the mountain for Pleasant Grove High School. I know the name sounds kind of bad but that is the name of the cache. The named kind of bothered me so I changed it to 'G' Cache. icon_smile.gif

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=2202&y=22347&z=12&w=0

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

Very cool, I like the waypoint named G-spot, but won't ask why you named it that.

[This message was edited by agentjack on May 03, 2003 at 09:11 PM.]

I don't think so. They only list PC on their web site. I have both a PC and a Mac (Just got a dual 1.25 G4). Most of the software in the world runs on PC so Mac users should have both. icon_smile.gif

You can always run Virtual PC but the map software is slow enough without emulation. I think I may install DeLorme on my Mac with virtual PC and see how it runs.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoGerard:

Are there Delorme CD maps available for the Macintosh ?

Who can help ?