Any interest in Family Premium Memberships?

Mark 42

You know... one where I sign up, and my wife gets added to the annual subscription for an addition $5, plus $2.50 per kid, up to $40 maximum per family.

The main diferrence, besides the price, for the family vs. individual memberships for each family member being that the whole family only gets one subscription to the monthly "Geocache!" hard-copy (paper) magazine.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away

our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Would I support a Family membership?? Yes I would. Not everyone can afford to pay for two memberships. We're lucky that we can afford a membership for each of us.

I have no problem paying for the two of us, but not for the kids. Every now and then we'll do a members only cache that we can't log the kids finds on. Not a real big problem as I can never get Lost One to sit down with me to log his finds anyway.

icon_rolleyes.gif

40158_1200.gif I hope you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you've heard is not what I meant. --Richard Nixon

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

A great way to make a sock puppet look legit without spending the extra dough

SOMEBODY HAD BETTER HURRY UP AND GRAB THAT SCREEN NAME (Sock Puppet) BEFORE IT'S GONE!

I dont have a family, but i could see where this is helpful. I do see some major bad points though.

Theres no way to verify that members are actually family members.

It seems more of a billing headache than it would be worth.

Maybe it'll come to this though, who knows. I think the $30/year is fine per person, kid or adult, family or not. But like I said, i dont have a family.

Sock Puppet has long been gone.

Why would anyone want a family membership? If you're all in the same household you can just access the extra features through one account.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

If people are going to cheat, why would they even bother to join as premium members?

It wouldn't be hard to figure out who isn't family, but if their integrity is only worth $30, they probably won't stick with this hobby long anyways, since it is somewhat honor based.

Example:

People working as a team could split up, find a bunch of caches, sign everyone in the group into each logbook, and claim 50 caches in 24 hours. Or, they could share one ID, and go around pretending to be a singlular person.

For now, I will probably sign up for premium, and leave my wife's account as ordinary, or vice versa. I'm not interested in any of the benefits, but feel it'd be justifiable to pay in order to support the organization's efforts and expenses to run things.

But if it were only a few dollars more for a joint membership, I might sign us both up.

I agree with BrianSnat in the fact that your family can come under the same premium membership. Make free accounts for each individual if you wish to do that. I think the whole family can reap the rewards of a premium membership with one premium membership account. If you want to support them more, then you could send them a donation I imagine. They have an address for people to pay with checks and money orders. Use it and send a check or money order and just let them know it's a donation or tell them the extra is a donation if you are signing up for a membership.

I do have a question on the premium membership though. It says that there will be an icon next to your name to show your a premium member. I think I have seen them before, but that was back in June. Haven't noticed them since they made some of the changes to the setup, but I might be missing them.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
I agree with BrianSnat

Uh-oh icon_wink.gif

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???????

ROFLMAO

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.