National Paranoia in USA

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

See this thread:

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=9880998935

Its an older one, so maybe you didn't notice it when you posted your thread. Easy to overlook.

Don't know how they missed that other thread, it was right there.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Yeah... go http://www.ohioccw.org/ and convince those damned politicians that I have a right to carry my .45 when I'm going geocaching, dammit

I haven't done the research, but I've been told here in SC, as of a few months ago, there had only been 2 instances of illegal gun use by CCWP holders--both were for brandishing. Not exactly the OK Coral some would have us believe. It's fairly easy to get a permit, basically show you're not a threat, you know the law, and can handle you weapon proficiently. You pay your money and in a little while you get your permit.

One thing I didn't know is if you're stopped for a traffic violation or whenever an officer asked for ID, you must show them the CCWP. (It may be only if you're carrying.) It looks very similar to a driver's license. I haven't got mine yet, though.

As for the rioting students, the schools should expell them if they were actively involved and put them on probation if they were just there (and didn't have a camera in their hand or a news article wasn't published.)

Civily, everyone rioting should be ticketed. You're not going to get everyone, just bring in the police and start throwing the cuffs on them.

Oh, just had an evil thought. Water cannon with that dye from dyepaks from banks.

CR

72057_2000.gif

quote:
The united states is becoming a police state.

In what way? Outside some PC BS where they search the shoes of 95 year old grandmothers in airports, but let young, middle eastern men walk right by, I haven't seen any significant changes over the years.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

In their defense, that thread has turned into a discussion about dogs and their owners. Not exactly a national paranoia type topic. icon_smile.gif

Whaddya mean, not a national paranoia? Don't you realize this country is GOING TO THE DOGS! Dogs have been infiltrating the government for years. There's even two dogs in the White House, giving orders to the President. We've got to stop it, NOW!

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

... I haven't seen any significant changes over the years.

It's just the little by little changes.

When Social Security first started and many years into it, you didn't have to be part of it. Then, it changed. If you wanted to work you had to have a SSN. Then, every citizen by the age of two, I believe, has to have a SSN regardless.

Just one example.

CR

Okay, I've got to quit now. Sissy hates it when I get political.

72057_2000.gif