Just Looking...........

umc

Man that always gets me into trouble. Anytime I am "just looking" at something I end up buying it. Example, I was just looking at the Camelbak Motherlode yesterday [told my wife I was just looking (thought I meant it)] and here I am at 3:30am in the morning buying the darn thing. I don't need the darn thing because my Camelbak Transalp has served me just fine on over 100 cache finds. Another Example, I was just looking at GPSr's to see what was the latest and greatest and I ended up buying a Garmin GPS V. The Lowrance GlobalMap 100 worked and still works just fine but again because I was looking I was buying. I don't think I really need to mention what happens to me with REI...

So is it Great advertising that takes a hold of me, weak will, or what? Does anyone else have this problem?

Last example, all of these fast-food ads pretty much have the same hook on me. Just looking at the commercial and next thing I know I'm eating a New Extreme Whopper.

I don't get it, but at any rate the new MotherLode is on its way and I couldn't be more excited, now how am I supposed to hide this one from the wife?????

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Hmm, wonder if there's a market for a 12 step program for weaning one from geocaching? If so sounds like you're a likely candidate! (grin)

That said, I think I share the addiction!

Roger

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side

It looks like you might be able to fit two or three ammo boxes in that bad boy. I can only fit one in mine (I forget which model I have), and only the smaller size ammo boxes. When I want to pack in a larger one, I have to get my backpack, which doesn't have a place for water. icon_rolleyes.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

So is it Great advertising that takes a hold of me, weak will, or what? Does anyone else have this problem?

Last example, all of these fast-food ads pretty much have the same hook on me. Just looking at the commercial and next thing I know I'm eating a New Extreme Whopper.

All signs point to weak will icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Doug

Marky, I agree but the overall size is smaller than the one I have now but who knows how and what they are really measuring. I used to be able to fit an ammo box in my current one but it eventually filled up with everything and anything.

Doug, I agree with you one hundred percent. Maybe I should change my avatar title of gear junkie to weak will.

Big Tom, Sorry, I should have placed a "Don't Look Here if you have a weak will or other"

The best part of all this is that I told my wife that I bought it and it only took her a few minutes of being mean to me and that was it, she accepted it. icon_smile.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

My main reason for posting was to find out if anyone here does the just looking thing with the intentions of "just looking" but then end up buying. Probably a silly question since I'm sure we all do it but I guess I just needed reinforcement.

4 years ago we drove into a dealer just to look at the Dodge Ram 1500.............

4 years later, we drove into a dealer just to look at the new Dodge Stratus RT.......

As my dad would say........Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. icon_biggrin.gif

worried.gif Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Thats how I got involved with geocaching, I was just looking at some GPS's when I kept coming up 'geocaching' in my searches so I decided to check it out.

quote:
The wife bought it lock, stock, and barrel.

Very interesting, that reminds me that I was 'Just Looking' when I met my now wife.