Improved Tupperware???

Stunod

quote:
Originally posted by Capn_Skully:

A plastic cup thrown out onto a road side has a life of 50 to 100 years. Self healing plastics could last 3 or 4 times longer?

Ok, what percentage or roadside trash is (good, self-healing) plastic cups, compared to fast food litter, pop cans, bottles, etc? icon_biggrin.gif

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

quote:
Originally posted by '68 Dodger:

I work in the medical industry and this kind of thing is a medical breakthrough. Self healing plastic will be and very soon will be in every kind of transplant material available.

Happy. Hunting. http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/burnout.gif

Then the lawsuits about "Self Sealing Plastic Capsule Toxic Shock Syndrome" will start.

Though I have to agree, I don't need my Mtn. Dew bottle to last longer, but I do want to have anything they put inside me last longer than I do so they don't have to do it again until after I'm dead and don't care.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

quote:

A plastic cup thrown out onto a road side has a life of 50 to 100 years. Self healing plastics could last 3 or 4 times longer?

Ok, what percentage or roadside trash is (good, self-healing) plastic cups, compared to fast food litter, pop cans, bottles, etc? icon_biggrin.gif

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

OK a styrofoam cup... minimum life 50 years.

But you should see one after we send it to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico in 3500ft of water. icon_eek.gif The pressure squeezes it down to about an inch tall.

Before you ask:

We make souvineers out of them. Each person signs a cup or draws a design. The cups are placed in a pourous bag and lowered to the bottom. When the come back up they are compressed! icon_biggrin.gif And they stay compressed, plus the signature is tiny and shrunk in proportion. Cool huh?? icon_biggrin.gif

Vini Vidi Velcro I came I saw I stuck around. Capn Skully

Cap'n:

Never heard of doing it with cups, but a friend of mine has a styrofoam wig head (y'know, those styrofoam heads they display wigs on) that was signed by the crew and taken down on the submersible Alvin, back in the 70s. It's about 3 or 4 inches tall.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

quote:

OK a styrofoam cup... minimum life 50 years.

But you should see one after we send it to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico in 3500ft of water. icon_eek.gif The pressure squeezes it down to about an inch tall.

Before you ask:

We make souvineers out of them. Each person signs a cup or draws a design. The cups are placed in a pourous bag and lowered to the bottom. When the come back up they are compressed! icon_biggrin.gif And they stay compressed, plus the signature is tiny and shrunk in proportion. Cool huh?? icon_biggrin.gif

_Vini Vidi Velcro I came I saw I stuck around. Capn Skully_

You have any pics? I'd like to see this!!

The great question...which I have not been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?" --Freud

quote:
Originally posted by Freelens&Mosie:

...when you place a styrofoam cup in a vacuum? Does it get bigger?

I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

I don't know about styrofoam, but marshmallows do. Unfortunately, they collapse again.

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know