Cache on the water

Dan Vull

I've given much thought to a multi cache I'd like to place in VT that would require one to paddle to a couple of spots on a lake. There is no way to get to these without a kayak or canoe (yes it is a restricted lake no power-boats). There is no fee for the daily use of the lake and it is almost entirely on state land. Is this too restrictive? Would it even get approved? What do you think?

p

No reason it would not get approved, just make sure to mention that a boat or kayak is required to find the cache and make sure the difficutly level is sufficent.

is it too restrictive? Nah... others have done the same thing.

Good Luck

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

mystats.php?userid=Doc-Dean&vopt=user&txtdata=I%20am%20Still%20Ignoring%20Stats!!&bgcol=3333ff&fgcol=ffff99

As far as I know, if you rate the difficulty in the 4 to 5 range (special equipment needed), there's no restriction on placing a cache on an island. Just make sure the island isn't private property.

We did a cache on an island in Idaho, and in our area there used to be a cache on a small island in a park which required people to rent a paddle boat.

You might check with the approver of you area to see what there feelings are on the subject too.

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

Absolutely allowable, and some of this areas favorite caches! But you need equipment so it must be rated a 5 for terrain, not a 4 or 3, but a 5. There are some that are hidden under water, need scuba gear, it's a 5, up a cliff, need climbing gear it's a 5, only accessable by parachute, it's a 5, (and you best have a way out). I have one on an island that is one of my favorite hides . Here in CT we've had tow events this year alone that required paddling, the Selden Neck Canoe/Kayak Event and the White Memorial Foundation Picnic You can see by the logs and pictures that we had a great time and want to do it again and again. I have also been to This one in Long Island Sound and in certain parts of the world you don't need a boat in the winter, like when I did this cache So go for it, have fun and let me know when you place it. I'll bring my kayak up there. There is also this one in Vermont, which we didn't realize was a multi, not having the page with us, that I have to go back to finish.

Planet