First Cache and a question

Shadow's

Well I finally did it. I submitted a cache. My question is about the notes that I had to send in with it. When I go to my cache page these notes show up. I understood that they would not. Am I the only one able to see these or are they going out to where others can see them?

Thanks,

Rick

They should be deleted when you get the final approval. I've heard of one instance where the note wasn't deleted until after approval, but I think TPTB have made the deletion automatic now.

I had a multi puzzle that I submitted with all the coordinates for each step of the puzzle. That note disappeared when the cache was approved.

That's not to say that you shouldn't check to make sure when your cache finally gets approved.

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

The deletion is automatic now, when the "approve" button is pushed and the cache page regenerates. However this only works if you leave ONE "note to approver". If there are two or more then the approver has to notice this and delete each of them manually.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

The deletion is automatic now, when the "approve" button is pushed and the cache page regenerates. However this only works if you leave ONE "note to approver". If there are two or more then the approver has to notice this and delete each of them manually.

So that's what happened here.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -