Funny/Unique Geocaching lexicon

Does your geocaching team have it's own lexicon? If so, add some of the words here. Here's ours:

DNF, Did not find, "We DNFed that micro." Common term, but used as a verb it's not as common.

FTF, First to find, "We FTFed BlueMan on that multi." Note that you can FTF a cache or another cacher. Common term, but used as a verb it's not as common.

Fiver, 5 difficulty, "That cache is hard; it's a fiver!"

Smackin', geocaching, "Let's go smackin." Not sure how we got this one.

Spanked, Got beat up by a geocache, "We bushwacked, got cut up by the palmettos, then DNFed the cache. Man, that cache spanked us!"

Of course there are the well-known terms (e.g., micros, virts, multis) that would be recognized within the gc community but would sound foreign to civilians. When you put it all together it sounds like a foreign language:

"Let's go smackin and search out that fiver. I hope it doesn't spank us and we end up getting DNFed."

[This message was edited by hammack on July 18, 2003 at 06:07 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by hammack:

This topic was meant to bring out terms that were funny or unique to your team. Everybody uses TNLN, so terms like that don't count.

Sorry, FTF, and DNF are both pretty common, and not really funny. I guess you just threw me off.

Skunked is what I call not finding a cache. Since I try and go after caches that haven't been found in a while, this is a common occurence. I'm also not so good compared to some folks around here *cough* Moun10bike *cough*

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

So that's what Shunked means. I thought it mean't that someone got sprayed by a Shunk. icon_smile.gif Honestly I really did.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

quote:

This topic was meant to bring out terms that were funny or unique to your team. Everybody uses TNLN, so terms like that don't count.

Sorry, FTF, and DNF are both pretty common, and not really funny. I guess you just threw me off.

Skunked is what I call not finding a cache. Since I try and go after caches that haven't been found in a while, this is a common occurence. I'm also not so good compared to some folks around here *cough* Moun10bike *cough*

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Pardon me Sir, but there is a Wild GeoCache in this area.

NeuroNomad & Sublonde's Page

DII (pronounced 'die')

Death Is Imminent -- we use this one for a cache that is placed anywhere that is steep or involves some climbing. We don't use this in our logs however, only when we're on the hunt.

We also use 'skunked' when we can't find a cache.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

quote:

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Yea, DNF and FTF are commonly used as nouns. I thought that using them as verbs makes them a little more humorous.

"Skunked" is a good addition.

Like that one, what about:

TOMLEO

The Owner Must Like Endangering Others.

I have been near a cache that I thought I was going to get ate by a gator, so I know what you mean. I like the DII one.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

_DII_ (pronounced 'die')

_D_eath _I_s _I_mminent -- we use this one for a cache that is placed anywhere that is steep or involves some climbing. We don't use this in our logs however, only when we're on the hunt.

We also use 'skunked' when we can't find a cache.

Pardon me Sir, but there is a Wild GeoCache in this area.

NeuroNomad & Sublonde's Page