Having Problem with Meridian Gold Display!!

trekrider

A couple of days ago, I dropped my unit and have recently noticed that the display has a discolored splotch on the edge of the display. It is sort of shaped like Florida and is most noticeable when the back light feature is turned on. It does not detract from the display, just distracts and disturbs me.

Does anyone know what has happened? Was this in fact the result of a drop?

Any help is appreciated...

I recently had mine develop a back light malfunction (id didn't work anymore) and I simply emailed their support and they sent me an RMA number for return. I shipped it off to them and didn't hear anything after it was signed for so I emailed for status and was given a UPS tracking number and said it was already on its way back to me. They had it replaced and in my hands in under a week. They also included a fresh set of batteries and a free carrying case (I almost threw out the box when I noticed the case). They never asked what happened at all. Just replaced it GRATIS! It was still under warranty, though. I was very satisfied with their customer service.

"No one drops a GPSr...do they?"

When they don't have laynards they do. That is part of the problem right there. Even if you did drop it which we know you didn't icon_wink.gif one would think that Magellan would take care of it since they were the ones who forgot to put Laynards or a way to fix a strap to the unit in the first place.

Where did you get it from? I know companies like REI and Cabelas take stuff back no questions asked part of their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"No one drops a GPSr...do they?"

When they don't have laynards they do. That is part of the problem right there. Even if you did drop it which we know you didn't icon_wink.gif one would think that Magellan would take care of it since they were the ones who forgot to put Laynards or a way to fix a strap to the unit in the first place.

Where did you get it from? I know companies like REI and Cabelas take stuff back no questions asked part of their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Having dropped mine more then once, the worst was from about 6 feet onto granite boulders and then bounced down into a crevice where I had to go after it head first, I thought I wasn't going to get it back for awhile but I was finally able to retrieve it. And like the Timex it takes a licking and and keeps working, no problems so far.

All who look are not lost