Suspicious Character W/ Suspicious Device

Well I thought in this Remote neck of America it would not, could not, happen to me....but it did.I was pulled over while walking downtown (HOMETOWN)and mapping for the Local Rural Rescue.Since I only recently aquired my RINO with WASS I was remapping areas alredy done without it.The Officer relayed the report that I was called in as being suspicious character with a suspicious device around Government Buildings(CourtHouse).No major confrontation just said with the heightened alert level they were watching things much closer than ever,I thanked him for his part of watching the community,but that by now with all the times I have been in the Local papers with my GPSr Geological device as written in the papers,people should have some idea whats up.................oh well!!!!! I went on as so does life............

THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL IN THE FOREST DOES NOT EVEN LIVE THERE*********WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS*GEOTRYAGAIN **1803-2003 "LOUSIANA PURCHASE" 200TH ANNIVERSARY AND THE "LEWIS AND CLARK EXPADITION" http://www.lapurchase.org http://www.msnusers.com/MissouriTrails

Welcome to the club. ;D I get a lot of teasing from my buddies because I've been stopped and questioned about a half dozen times in the last 18 months. No big deal. I've found that as long as you're polite and take the time to explain the sport it's little more than an inconvience.

I even had two police officers comment that it looked like fun (though they decided they didn't have the time to get involved themselves).

You simply have to keep in mind that it DOES look suspicious when someone is poking about the bushes and walking in circles.

If I wasn't up on GPSrs and geocaching I might be inclined to drop a dime and make that call myself. ;D

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

The only time this ever happened to me I was actually doing my job. At the time it was washing busses downtown. The police stopped and asked me a bunch of questions. Turns out that I looked like a suspect in a mugging that had just taken place. Being such a nice guy and all they didn't even take me downtown for the questioning.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

I recently had on elderly gentleman ask me a slew of questions at a boat launch cache. I finally walked away from him, since he was getting rather upset at what I was doing. I don't think he believed me that I was "looking for trinkets" in the woods.

Make a sanity check.migo_sig_logo.jpg

I just planted a cache - virtual - and the person approving caches archived it due to no logbook. After I explained that the place in question was A) next to a school ;) across the street from the Library C) across the alley from the local Police station D) on a Boys and Girls Club and E)I wanted to avoid any of the above mentioned conflicts, it was approved.

Red and I where stopped twice in Potland, Oregon a while back for just the same events as already posted.

logscaler.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

Red and I where stopped twice in Portland, Oregon a while back for just the same events as already posted.

Wandering around the sagebrush in circles out in the desert isn't like urban caching. You should have carried your laptop around, and you would have blended in just fine. icon_wink.gif

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup