[ANN] GeoBuddy acquired by TopoGrafix

TresOkies

I'm pleased to announce that TopoGrafix has acquired the source and rights to GeoBuddy. GeoBuddy started out as a collection of small apps that I wrote for my own use and grew into something that was useful by many. The feedback and support I received was incredible and I appreciate all the support and feedback.

About two months ago, I realized that I could not develop or maintain GeoBuddy properly with my commitments to my family, my employer and my community. I began looking for candidates to take over and that's when TopoGrafix stepped in.

TopoGrafix needs no introduction from me. They do a great job writing quality software for GPS owners and the support is outstanding. I will let them make their own announcements regarding the future of GeoBuddy.

If you are interested in GeoBuddy, browse to the web site at

http://www.geobuddy.com

For information about TopoGrafix and their products, go to

http://www.topografix.com

From this point on, I will simply be another geocacher who occasionally forgets what poison ivy looks like.

-E

--

N3532.981 W9834.631

Hey,TresOkies. Thanks for all the work you put into GeoBuddy. It's been a real handy app to use. From what I've seen of TopoGrafix, you turned it over to a great group, & I'm looking forward to continued use & any possible additional features.Your work has been appreciated. icon_wink.gif

"Gimpy"

Hey,TresOkies. Thanks for all the work you put into GeoBuddy. It's been a real handy app to use. From what I've seen of TopoGrafix, you turned it over to a great group, & I'm looking forward to continued use & any possible additional features.Your work has been appreciated. icon_wink.gif

"Gimpy"

Your Geobuddy program was a indespencible tool for the way I manage waypoints.

I hope you were compensated well for the hard work you put into GeoBuddy.

I'm glad to hear that an organization like Topografix will be carrying on the development of the program - I always used EasyGps with GB anyway so this mariage seems perfect.

Thanks again.