Geocaching in Wrong Turn movie trailer?

Has anyone seen the commercial for the movie "Wrong Turn?" (It has Billy from Six Feet Under in a lead role.)

Anyway, in the opening of the trailer it shows a guy and a girl walking on what looks to be a dirt road, or path, and the girl says something like "Are you getting anything, Chad?" And the guy she's walking with is looking down at a device in his hand.

Now, I guess its more likely that he's looking at his cell phone, and its more likely that the "anything" the girl is referring to is reception for the cell phone, but the guy is holding the device down at waist level, face up, just like I hold mine when I'm waiting for a signal. My cell phone, I think I hold head level... faced towards my face.

I might be thinking about this too much. But, I mean, their supposed to be lost in the woods, hunted by inbred psychos, so it WOULD be a bad time not to get a signal lock.

Pan

"The internet to tell me where. A GPS to get me there."

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

but the guy is holding the device down at waist level, face up, just like I hold mine when I'm waiting for a signal. My cell phone, I think I hold head level... faced towards my face.

I've seen the trailer but didn't notcie that bit. But when I hold my gps looking for a signal, I hold it way over my head with screen facing down and me looking up. I don't want my body blocking any faint signal. I just assume I won't have a cell signal so I don't bother bringing it anymore.

george

Wanna go for a ride?

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

But when I hold my gps looking for a signal, I hold it way over my head with screen facing down and me looking up. I don't want my body blocking any faint signal.

Now that we're off topic, I have a question about that. Does it matter which way the GPS is facing, in terms of getting a better signal? I guess I've always assumed the GPS had to be face up, because in my Garmin Venture I see some sort of chip below the casing on the top front.

But, you know what happens when you assume....

Pan

"The internet to tell me where. A GPS to get me there."

Cell phone. Remember the line from "Sneakers" when they're looking for the "black box" and can't find it. The blind guy says "Don't look....listen".

She says "Getting anything, Chatty?". It can't be "Chad" since that isn't the character's name. Sounds like she was referring to a cell phone (which looks a little like a Samsung flip-phone when you freeze the video).

In any case, do I really care? I'm just blowing away my last few minutes of work before the holiday weekend. I doubt I'll be seeing this movie (along with most of America).