Best Bug repellent

No matter what brand you find get the one with the highest Percent of DEET or is it DEAT?

If you know of some one in the NTL GUARD you will get the highest.

The higher the deet the hotter it feels but it is the best chemical known yet to repel mosquitos.

I live in S/W Florida and I know this is a fact

Eye, Ham, We, Todd, Did

Sofa, King, We, Todd, Did

OFF and most other repellents use the same active ingredient - DEET. Although 100% DEET is available, anything over 30% is overkill and could actually cause problems through skin absorption. Children should never have over 10% DEET applied. There are some DEET based wristbands on the market that are pretty much worthless though - do a good job of keeping mosquitoes away from your wrist but that's about it.

Ever notice everybody is willing to give THEIR 2 cents worth but only offer a penny for YOUR thoughts?

Pater47 is correct. Consumer Reports tested various brands a while ago, and those with concentrations of greater than 30% DEET did not afford any greater protection to the wearer. Their recommendation: 3M's Ultrathon (available through the Magellan travel catalog). Used by the US military. 31.58% DEET. (Works like a charm for me.) Comes as a cream in a 2 oz. tube. Concentrated, so you don't have to slather it on. The only repellant I ever used that worked against Everglades mosquitoes.

"When the chips are down, the buffalo are empty."

Maybe it is old age. I still have a few years left in me, but bugs seem to be less of a problem as I get older. Maybe I don't roll in the grass as much.

I have gotten a few chiggers and ticks this year, but I have been in some nasty, wet, leafy areas too.

I think certain diets may repell bugs too. I just hate to diet.